Back-To-Black

Kalgorn

Anyone ever use this stuff? It's a Mother's product.

06108.jpg

As your ride's exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors-bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

I want to use this on my bumpers in hopes that it can clean them up real nice and help with the oxidation and crap on them.

What do you guys think?

I've used it on black trim and weatherstripping before, it works pretty good. I don't know about using it on bumpers like on a Z34 though(painted). It's mainly for use on vinyl, rubber, or plastic. I've used it on my Volvo bumpers before(they're molded/unpainted black plastic) and it worked nicely. I might put some on a painted surface on my project car just to see what it does, I'll post back here when I do(repainting the car anyway so I'm not worried about it).

I've been told it works awesome. I need to get some for my Saturn.

Just do what my friend Allen does on his SL1 and I do on my black trim.. Use Armor All/Meguiars NXT Protectant on it.. Makes all the black (and other plastic trim) look like brand new.

Just do what my friend Allen does on his SL1 and I do on my black trim.. Use Armor All/Meguiars NXT Protectant on it.. Makes all the black (and other plastic trim) look like brand new.

Or a stick of dynamite.

Or a stick of dynamite.

:roll:

Saturn's are NOT that bad.. In fact, I like his SL1. Hasn't had any problems in 9 years and 120k miles.. AT ALL. I went through 3 or 4 alternators and a water pump by time I had 120k.. It's peppy as hell for a 1.9 liter, and mated to a 5-speed like his, it's a fun car.

I don't trust saturns because they shatter in an impact. I know that it does its job and people survive, blah blah blah, I still like my metal encasement of....metal.

dammit I'm fuckin' tired.

I get to drive to syracuse today too.

I don't trust saturns because they shatter in an impact. I know that it does its job and people survive, blah blah blah, I still like my metal encasement of....metal.

dammit I'm fuckin' tired.

I get to drive to syracuse today too.

You gotta love an all plastic car.... not!!!! Hey turby, how much blow by does it have? Most of them start in around 120k with large amounts of blow by. By 140k, I've seen them have enough to blow dipsticks out if high rev'd.