Friday the 13th indeed...

White93z34

long rantish thing:

well the day started out normal enough backed outa the dtriveway started driveing to school, i get to the end of my street and go to turn onto the highway, my powersteering sucks and iss barely existant :? wtf i exclaim and go to the gas station get some power steering fluid and top it off, get on the highway go to school, after school i gave a friend a ride home since his car was broke, so we are getting clost to his apartment area and rightr befroe the turn off i hear zipp-CRACK!! then my battery ligght flashes on then off then stays on solid.

oh fuck now my alternator ate itself i thought, perfect!

then pulling in i notice my temp is abnormaly high, i expected my fan to kick on and bring it down to normal no luck it goes higher and higher :shock: overhaet light comes on i pull over like NOW and turn the car off

pop the hood my power steering pulley completely detatched itself from the pump and came off and slamed the coolant resivor, i get the pulley off its all cracked and busted, the guy i gave a ride home was soley intrested in getting a new tire on his car rather then helping me so i figgured i was SOL then my other friend who lives there had just got outa school and he helped me out pep boys didn't sell the pulley, no dealerships around that area sold it, we found one at a GM warehouse 30 minutes away we made a run for it, $32 later i was holding a new pulley, stoped back at pep boys bought a pulley removal tool and a new serp belt and after another 20 minutes we had the car back together and i had powerstering again.

as a result i completely missed work, but hey this stuff hapiens, and heck now my powersteering is better then ever. and my alternator is still kicking 8)