I fixed my turn signals!!

Dirty Rockstar

Yay! I fixed them!! I first tried to bend the contact-a-majigs back, but that made it worse.. I went out today and got another switch from a Euro.. I got pissed when in an attempt to activate my turn signals, my high beam actuator assembly initiated the brighter fore beams.. At a cop.. I pulled the old one out, threw the new in, and look! No hands!! I also got a new seat belt clicker so now my fasten belts light and bell goes off on start up.. And I got a new batterey.. 9 years is a bit MUCH on a battery I guess.. lol

My seatbelt's having a bit bigger issues than the light not going off.. half the time the fucking top part of the belt won't retract! I have to give it a few pulls and USUALLY eventually it'll retract it.. today I was trying to leave Home Depot and the fuck came all the way out and I couldn't get it to pull it back in. ended up saying fuck it any drove halfway through the parking lot and it retracted.

Gutless, sounds like the actuator is fucked on it.. I dont know how to fix that, short of getting pissed and replacing it.. Same thing happened to me on my 6k.. I got pissed and replaced it after about a year w/o a safety belt..

My seatbelt's having a bit bigger issues than the light not going off.. half the time the fucking top part of the belt won't retract! I have to give it a few pulls and USUALLY eventually it'll retract it.. today I was trying to leave Home Depot and the fuck came all the way out and I couldn't get it to pull it back in. ended up saying fuck it any drove halfway through the parking lot and it retracted.

On the bottom of the retractor there's a weight actuator. As the car decellerates rapidly, the centrifugal force sends the weight forward and locks the seatbelt. Ensure that this part can move FREELY otherwise this is what'll happen. Occasionally mine locks up COMPLETELY and I have to move it around manually.. thank god for having no door panel on. Oh yeah, If you want the seatbelt light off, just unplug the harness on the anchor. It's on the floor right by the carpet. Pull the plastic "+" piece out and disconnect the wire.

How close are you to getting the car done? Will it be ready in time for the MN meet in October?

It sure sounds like you're having fun!

I am not holding my breath on my car getting 100% by october because of retarded circumstances.. But the front end will be fixed, and it sure as hell won't look like ass.. I am having loads of fun with this damn thing.. I am putting a new idler pulley, belt, plugs and wires in tuesday.. I am running around on ORIGINAL plugs and wires I found out not too long ago.. at 180k, my plugs are becoming kinda tired.. I get decent gas mileage now.. imagine when the new plugs and wires are on! lol.. Bu8t my car will look in one piece by October.. lol