Taking off the Manifold cover

Bruticus

The one thats in front of the engine and that runs all the way to the back where the thermostat is its mainly why i cant get to replacing my thermostat and i wanna just take the whole damn thing off lol.

EDIT: Damn u dsico u should be on MSN so i could ask u these things instead of posting. :lol: or download AIM already.

EDIT: Damn u dsico u should be on MSN so i could ask u these things instead of posting. :lol: or download AIM already.
I would have gone on MSN but me & the wife were paying out some bills at the time and I didn't want to get too distracted...

I think he might be talking about that heat sheild that's around the exhaust manifold. I wouldn't really see any harm in taking it off, if that's what you're referring to. :shrug:

You wanna take off the thing that says "3100 sfi" on it?
No no not that lol

LOLOL. I was hoping you didnt mean that!

If you mean the heatshield, I'd still keep it one....keeps heat away from surrounding parts.

If you mean the heatshield, I'd still keep it one....keeps heat away from surrounding parts.
:werd: I agree. If you take the exhaust manifold's heat shield off to replace the thermostat, then put it back on cause the extra heat will cause all kinds of havoc on the various sensors and even your spark plug wires. I'm betting the extra heat would also speed up the eventual death of your alternator...