3.4's and B4U's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Today i was driving through Ridgefeild Park and I saw a GP coupe w/ miniquads, no b4u but it had hood louvres and a 3.4 I think...

Was a 3.4 available w/o the b4u?

The only hood louvers on cars with mini quads I have seen were GTPs. It very well may have been a junkyard hood on that car...I know if I found a good one cheap I'd put it on.

Yeah I figured that one was the wrong code, but the pre-94 coupes wasn't B4U as well, was it?

Pre-94 are B4U as well w/ the TGP being "B4M."

Also, Ben, Special Editions could have stock hood louvers as well(94-96 I know). There are two Special Editions where with hood louvers and 3.4 engines in them, both are original/one-owner cars(daily driven as well).

EDIT: disregard the "w" in front of "here" :wink:

Yeah I figured that one was the wrong code, but the pre-94 coupes wasn't B4U as well, was it?

Pre-94 are B4U as well w/ the TGP being "B4M."

Also, Ben, Special Editions could have stock hood louvers as well(94-96 I know). There are two Special Editions where with hood louvers and 3.4 engines in them, both are original/one-owner cars(daily driven as well).

THATS the one I was lookin for!

Guest Anonymous

Yes the RPE is a B4U car, the 95 is a sedan so it never could have a B4U. I just thought that 3.4's didn't come with the less-sportier non-b4u exterior...

Yes the RPE is a B4U car, the 95 is a sedan so it never could have a B4U. I just thought that 3.4's didn't come with the less-sportier non-b4u exterior...

It all depended on how the cars were ordered. I believe it was Vegeta on this board that had a BYP car w/ 3.4/getrag 284 transaxle at one time.

The LE 4-door never had a B4U option, but I have a 3.4L engine.

NO four door ever had the B4U option. LE, SE, STE or GT. The 3.4 was simply just another engine choice and wasn't dependant on a trim package like the Turbo 3.1 was.