3.4L dohc Gas Mileage?

hosser

I have not done it sense ive got my cutty, but does anyone have a good estimate of its highway mileage, in michigan an upcoming warp tour is going on about 300 miles from me and want to get a good idea how much gas im going to burn up.

I get about 240miles a tank (before I get scared that the needle is too low).. my 2.8 is a gas hog. Tank and a half each way maybe?

Before I re-helicoiled my rear center spark plug hole, my 2.8 was a hog, getting about 250 miles per tank on the highway, now it gets around 300 miles a tank, so not too awful bad.

I get about 240miles a tank (before I get scared that the needle is too low).. my 2.8 is a gas hog. Tank and a half each way maybe?

Before I re-helicoiled my rear center spark plug hole, my 2.8 was a hog, getting about 250 miles per tank on the highway, now it gets around 300 miles a tank, so not too awful bad.

I get around 30-35MPG going 50-60MPH, faster than that and it goes down. I've gotta just fill it up, go on the 401 and put it on cruise and see how much I can really get.. :shrug: I'm sure there are sensors etc. that could use replacing, but the CAR will be replaced soon enough by the 95 which I know gets much better MPG according to the DIS.

I get 30 mpg on the highway, its pretty rad. can anyone here calculate the most efficient speed for these cars?

I have a 3100, and after 143K miles, its still running like a top.

My 95' 3.4 DOHC cutlass gets 21 mpg average (mix of city and highway), and around 25-26 mpg on the highway (70-80mph cruising) regardless of whether the top is up or down.

A tank usually nets me about 320 miles worth of driving on average, but I've stretched that out to the 340's before.

Now I don’t have a 3.4 but my buddy has a Z-34, it’s getting around 25 mpg. Of course that’s all country driving @ 55-85 depending on how nice it’s out. My 3100 is getting really good numbers as long as I keep it between 1700-2500, 50/50 mixed driving = 29. Straight highway= 34, City=24.

I get about 16mpg city/highway mixed. The best mileage I've had was 19 mpg and that was quite a bit of highway. Hopefully with this injector cleaner I'll get some better gas mileage...

I get about 16mpg city/highway mixed. The best mileage I've had was 19 mpg and that was quite a bit of highway. Hopefully with this injector cleaner I'll get some better gas mileage...

wow......IMHO thats a bit low

On my 3800, i can go from 22 to about 30, depending on conditions.

Idle speed for me is between 55 and 60.....RPMs right around 1500, with it like that gas mileage shoots through the fucking roof.

Sorry, not even close to the engine u asked for, but others were throwing it in too :)

John

• 2 weeks later...

I get about 400-450 miles to the tank on my 92 lumina z with a 5 spd. I put about 40k on my car in about a year so i have plenty of opportuneties to test it. when i got the car it got like 22.