Dinger Thinger woes

Dirty Rockstar

Well, its kind of a stupid thing to worry about, but.. When I leave the key in the ignition, or leave the lights on, the chime box goes into "the world's longest beep" mode until I pull the keys/shut off the lights.. But, when I turn the key, it doesnt beep, ding, say hello.. Nothing.. All the cars I've driven have a bell, chime, beep, bark or something that stays on along with the seatbelt light.. I think my belt light is burnt though cause my dash is lookin pretty dark.. I mean, Im puttin a new kding box in that locks the doors and unlocks them, but dammit, I wanna hear it whistle at me when I start the car! lol.. I am so confused! :willynilly:

You prolly need to get another seatbelt buckle that has a working open switch. What you can do to test if your car's ok, is to locate the 2 black wires coming out of the bottom of the belt buckle (on the floor, next to the round cover and console) pull the little harness from under the carpet, unclip it, and short the 2 wires together. With the ignition on, your belt light will illuminate and the chime will sound for a few seconds.

On another note, I'd just LOVE to have YOU for dinner!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Problem solved.. The lock the seat belt buckle clips into has gone kaput.. I pulled the harness out and made the 2 terminals connect.. Thee "Longest beep" went on, and my belt light on the dash came on! Kick ass! lol.. So, any one of these things from any W will work right? Or is it only to 94?