Hood louvre install

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone has installed hood louvres on thier GP. the petty edition needs them, can I do it w/o cutting the hood, ie. fake louvres, and ive pposted a want for them as well.

Why would you want to do that to your petty edition? Leave the louvers to the ricers and Z34 lumina owners.....

JK lol

It would look ok I bet.

Why would you want to do that to your petty edition? Leave the louvers to the ricers and Z34 lumina owners.....

JK lol

It would look ok I bet.

the GTP's look good with them...

Guest Anonymous

I think the louvres would look good, alot of people who know GP's think its a 3.1 becuase it doesnt have louvres, according to the previous owner... Could I buy a set, paint them blue and somehow attach them without cutting an opening? How would blue ghost flames look coming from the louvres? Too ricey?

Guest Anonymous

thats what i want to know, GP OEM parts are now being called rice! THE WORLD IS ENDING!

i think it would look good and since its a 3.4 it should have had louvres, but none got them.

just say no to rice. friends don't let friends rice and drive. if you put them on and they are not functional what is the point ? :?:

The stock hood louvers are functional "heat extractors." The louvers are located in a low pressure area of the hood so when you are traveling at speed a vacuum is created at the louvers which draws hot air out of the engine bay. This drops pressure under the hood and actually increases radiator efficiency. Heat also rises out of the louvers when at idle/lower speeds(you can see it on hot days very clearly).

Oh yeah, check this out. This pertains to 94-96 GP style louvers on a Jeep and temperature drops underhood recorded after installing these..from this, I'd say they're functional. :wink:

http://www.oman4x4.com/hoodvents.htm

Hahaha....that Jeep is the Shit with Prix louvers. :lol:

Our stock louvers are not rice. The only rice is the plastic stick-on ones you get at AutoZone and stick on your hood to be cool like you actually have louvers....that is rice.

There are not very many other cars that come stock with hood louvers. The Lumina Z34, pre97 GP GTP, and post97 GP Special Editions, and a couple others but not too many. I think it's pretty cool to have this option stock from GM. Hell yeah! :rocking:

Whatcha got on that?

364760_32_full.jpg