Reseting oil in the DIC - getting MISS OP

Darkness

Hey guys.. I found this forum not too long ago. Very cool.

I picked up a nice TGP last week (with 237k miles) and of course have come up with a few problems and a question.

First off, I just had the oil changed, and I am trying to reset the oil and filter reminder, but when following the owner's manual, all I get is a message "MISS OP". I am hitting my "Service" button until the item in question is displayed, then trying to hold down the reset button. As soon as I touch Reset, MISS OP shows up. Any ideas?

Also, My left rear turn signal does not light. First thing I did was replace the bulbs, thinking one of them was out, so it knocked out the bank. No go. Turns out that I am not getting power to the wiring on that side. Now, they will light up if the hazard lights are on, and when I hit the turn signal the front light comes on.

I am thinking it might be the turn signal switch, but before I tear the steering wheel apart, I thought I'd ask for opinions.

Thanks

I am thinking it might be the turn signal switch, but before I tear the steering wheel apart, I thought I'd ask for opinions.

Yes, it is most likely the turn signal switch, when you get one make sure you let them know you have the steering wheel radio controls, about $129 and usually a special order part. :cheers:

Thanks for the replies.

As far as reseting the oil change display, it looks like I was just too eager. I didn't know that once the particular item is displayed, the mileage shows up again, and then you can reset. I was trying to reset while the item itself was being displayed. I need to learn some patience, I guess.

I have been eyeballing the steering wheel, devising a battle plan for taking that apart once I get the replacement switch.