Weird noise triggered by blinkers...

MommyTaz022200

Ok, firstoff my battery is almost dead cause the car has been sitting for a couple months. It's just dead enough that it won't start the car, but still has enough power to make the lights work.

So anyway, I'm wiring up the mini-quad lighting and I turn on the blinker and it makes some noise, kind of like the sound you'd get if you stick a playing card in bike spokes. So I turn the ignition off, then back to acc. and turn the blinker on again. No noise, blinker lights up, not blinks. I try the other side and same thing. I turn it back to the first side and the noise starts. So I get my boyfriend and have him try to hear where the noise is coming from when I make it do it again. It's coming from the front passenger side. I have him make the car do it so I can feel around when it's doing it and it seems to be coming from the fuse block in the engine compartment or the black box under the fuse box.

The noise starts when I turn the blinker on but not everytime I turn it on. It continues even when I turn the blinker back off. It also seems to be triggered by the passenger side blinker. The blinkers were blinking yesterday, but since the noise started they do not blink even when the noise isn't happening. The bulbs are all good, but I don't have a bulb in the passenger side parking light. The noise still happens when I take the socket I wired up back off the wires and tape the wires off.

Does anyone have a clue what be causing the noise? I thought maybe the flasher fuse, but I thought that was under my dash, so I don't see how it would make noises in the engine compartment.