Column Shifted GP question

DiscoStudd

Can someone with a Column-Shifted 94-96 Grand Prix confirm this for me: Is the in-dash gear indicator an LED type like the 97-03's or is it the old "Cable pulls a sliding indicator" type like the Cuttys and Regals of the same vintage had?

I saw a 94 GP in the yard the other day and I didn't see the orange "pull" indicator in the cluster, so I was wondering if it was LED or not.

Thanks for the input...

Its the ol' cable pulled jalopy. Probably didn't see the marker because they stick. Right now, mine is stuck in 'R'. Occasionally, it'll make a trip down to 'D', but usually stays behind the black between P and R.

Its the ol' cable pulled jalopy. Probably didn't see the marker because they stick. Right now, mine is stuck in 'R'. Occasionally, it'll make a trip down to 'D', but usually stays behind the black between P and R.

You can take the panel apart and grease the indicator where it slides and stop it form sticking

Thanks for confirming that. I looked at the overlay on that GP and where the gear indicator was it had a covering over the top of the "stops." I thought maybe it was some sort of diffuser for an LED-type indicator because that's exactly how the 97-03 GP indicators look. The column shifted Cutty and Regal clusters didn't have that covering.

The gears were turning inside my head for a second there. I thought if that cluster's indicator was LED that maybe I could somehow hook it up to work in my Regal. Oh well...

Thanks again!

Disco do you still want the "cobra head" style shifter off my '95? I put the T-shaped shifter on my '95 and it fits great 8) .... I am currently using the cobra head shifter on my '88 but I can part with it when the car is gone...

Disco do you still want the "cobra head" style shifter off my '95? I put the T-shaped shifter on my '95 and it fits great 8) .... I am currently using the cobra head shifter on my '88 but I can part with it when the car is gone...
Hells yeah! How much do you want for it? Drop me a PM whenever you're ready to part with it.

Thanks!