If anyone hasnt ever seen a 4cyl Grand prix...

Pontiac6KSTEAWD

Here ya go. A quad 4 in this heavy of a car?? Are they freaking nuts??

GP_4CYL_1.jpg

heres the motor itself...

GP_4CYL_2.jpg

I cant beleive they thought a quad 4 would hold up in this big of a car. Am I nuts for thinking this???

Doesn't look like its going anywhere too soon.

Not sitting on blocks in a junk yard it aint LOL!! :lol:

The amazing part of it all. It was marked as a running motor. Front end damage was to much i guess, or there was something already going on with the motor.

Either way, its gone forever now... :wink:

No matter how bad you think the others got it, remember the Luminas got it worse.

You mean the part cars Lumina's got it worse LOL!!

No matter how bad you think the others got it, remember the Luminas got it worse.

You mean the part cars Lumina's got it worse LOL!!

hey careful, what kind of car is that in the junkyard?? oh yeah thats right a gp. hmm

yeah, at least gps got the quad 4, luminas settled with the 2.2 and the iron duke

i sawa iron duke lumina at a junkyard once, it may pull 21 second quater miles but damn does it have alot of room under the hood :lol: :lol:

I hate ALL 4 cyl. motors with a fire grilled passion.. I hope they all rot in hell.. BTW Euro94, Iron dukes were 2.5s.. Just an FYI.. I had one in my 6k and am stuck puttin another one in I paid 20 bhhucks for w/ tranny.. I saw a Quad 4 GP once.. Black.. Had the piss beat out of it.. I hate them so much.. I'd take a 2.5 over a quad 4 any day.. Even the day my 2.5 overheated and left me stranded in the right lane on the 494/Wacuta Bridge..

I'd take a an iron duke 2.5l over a 2.2l any day. My 2.5l celebrity ran a hell of lot faster than my 2.2l cavy did. the cavy even had a 100,000 less miles and was 2 years newer. Go figure....lol

I'd take a an iron duke 2.5l over a 2.2l any day. My 2.5l celebrity ran a hell of lot faster than my 2.2l cavy did. the cavy even had a 100,000 less miles and was 2 years newer. Go figure....lol
The TBI 2.0's and 2.2's are slow as hell (I had an 88 Cadavalier with the TBI 2.0) The 2.2 got MPFI in 92, it jumped to 115 hp, so an MPFI 2.2 will hold its own against anything with an Iron Duke (again I had a 2.2 93 Cavi and it was noticably quicker than the 88.) I owned 2 Grand Ams with the "Duke" and drove a few Duke-equipped A-bodies. The A-bodies with the Duke are geared differently than the N-bodies. They're geared more for low end grunt, but they quickly run out of breath above 65 MPH. My GA's were slower off the line than the 6000 I was borrowing, but unlike the 6000, they cruised quite effortlessly on the freeway.

If I had to choose, I'd take the 2.2 because it's simpler to work on than the 2.5, not to mention they don't sound like a diesel engine...

I'm not a fan of four cylinders either, I even look under the hood first if I am looking at a car that had a four cylinder option. If it has a four cylinder, I close the hood.

The Iron Duke is a tough little motor, though. I once heard that if you treat them right, they will run forever. It has taken it's place in the GM hall of fame as far as tough motors go.

Another one that you hardly ever hear of is the Oldsmobile 260 C.I.D. V8. of the late 70's and early 80's.

I have one on two cars that I have. A 1980 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sedan and a 1981 Cutlass Calais. I had to build the 1981, because it developed a piston wrist pin knock. . After 185,000 miles the fellow at the machine shop said that it showed virtually NO wear on the block. :shock:

I used new, but stock size pistons.

The reason I say this is that I recall him saying "Just like an Iron Duke."

Like the Duke, the 260 V8 is a little slow. Tough little engines, though.

did I see the word celebrity??? toughest cars ever. they start here in the winter, everytime, no hassles. its insane.

tanks, fuckin tanks. toughest cars ever.

i saw an iron duke lumina in the j/y i frequent :roll:

That's mainly because these things are only supposed to get about 170k ou of the timing gears.. The timing gear on the cam is made of a silly ass fiber.. They snap after several thousand, and the engine is lobotomized.. A cheap fix, but not easy by any standard.. The engine needs to be removed, because the friggin thing is pressed onto the camshaft, so you need to be able to put it into a press when the new one goes on..

:lol: my friend off roads in his celebrity :lol:

He hasn't done that since he put the 3.1 in it I don't think.. I know he took the 86 he got and beat it to the ground before he went to Indiana.. lol

My brother got his 87 celebrity station wagon for 5 bucks from a Fred Beans dealership. :shock: It has 140,000 miles on it and still runs strong. He used to take his rugby team to their games in it. He would have 7 big guys in it doing 85mph easily. The storage area had a fold up seat so he had 3 rows of seats in it. He suprised the hell out of the rest of the team that drove, as he past them.