94 Digital dash?

dsgrntld187

99% of the time when I ask something no one's asked anything about it. Excuse me for not asking this 1% of the time.

Oh, and I like to ask before I go under my hood and fuck things up. I'd rather play it safe seeing as this is my only car and I don't have the liberty to be stupid and fuck something up.

They didn't offer them...I wouldn't mess with it. I know the cheapie digital dash i had in my '88 gave my fits.

I would probably put in the HUD instead of the digital "guages" cluster...but that is just me.

I have only heard of one person ever having problem with the digital gauges cluster.

The base digital cluster had lots of problems, but it was made by AC Delco.

The gauges cluster was made by Nippon Denso.

Thanks for clearing that up...I think the digital guages cluster is cool...but the only thing you pick up verses the '94 Cluster is a real oil pressure guage....didn't the '92 analog cluster have a real guage?

Thanks for clearing that up...I think the digital guages cluster is cool...but the only thing you pick up verses the '94 Cluster is a real oil pressure guage....didn't the '92 analog cluster have a real guage?

You don't actually gain anything except a cool electronic display panel. Among other things, it just looks cool when it's completely black when off, and jumps to life when turned on.

Yes most '92's will have the oil gage. This applies to GP's too. '93 was the beginning of the anti-information age.

NO!!!

Come on man.......your asking stuff that has been discussed 1000 times already.....

Search Function....

at least do a little bit of reading or research before you ask something.....

maybe someone lives close to you so they can hold your hand when you open your hood.....

im not trying to be an ass but where all here to help but sometimes people need to also help themselves.....

Cheers

Dave

:cheers: We need to hang out one day.

Yes most '92's will have the oil gage. This applies to GP's too. '93 was the beginning of the anti-information age.

You mean '95 was?? :confused: I thought the analog gauges were all the same until the (full) interior redesign.

The analog cluster cars before the full redesign (92-94 cars) are the same dash, but the 92 car has a real oil pressure guage, where the 93 and 94 have a dummy guage for oil pressure.

The analog cluster cars before the full redesign (92-94 cars) are the same dash, but the 92 car has a real oil pressure guage, where the 93 and 94 have a dummy guage for oil pressure.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, what's the difference between the real gauge and dummy gauge?

The real guage has numbers for oil pressure and fluxuates (when warm an engine will pull about 35psi oil pressure, but when running @ 1500 rpm it will pull 60psi or so), whereas the "Dummy Guage" is pretty much the same thing as a warning light because it reads as low as possible on the guage when the engine is not running, but when it springs to life, the guage will, in my experience go a little over the middle and stay there regardless of engine rpm.

yeah what GM uses is the oil pressure switch for idiot lights, with an inline resistor to make the gage show about 2/3 up instead of max. Technically if you remove the resistor and install a pressure sender, the dummy gage would be fully functional, minus the numbers.