Gauge Cluster Removal

dhs1223

I need some help with the removal of my gauge cluster. I have a 95 Cutlass, I have removed the bezel and the two screws at the top left and right corners and that is where I am stuck. Is there a fastener I can't see? Is there a technique I can figure out? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought a carbon fiber gauge overlay from Speedhut and want to put it in.

Thanks

first thing....post pics of the overlay :D

second thing......removal of the cluster:

- disconnect harness on the right side bottom ov the cluster.

- pull top of the cluster towards you, notice that on the bottom just above the steering column there are two snap in type connecters, once you have pulled the top part out, pull the cluster up to get it out of the bottom two clamps.....

the cluster is a very easy pull......the batteries in my digital are toast or else I would snap a few pics for your help...I will see pics I have on my site to see if they are any help....

Thanks for the tips, I will have a go at it, however, I probably won't get a chance until the weekend.

See the link below for what I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910950886&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

It says for 94-96 GP but the layout appears to be the same as my 95 Cutlass.

Thanks again for the tips, I will let you know how it works out.

Thanks for the tips, I will have a go at it, however, I probably won't get a chance until the weekend.

See the link below for what I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7910950886&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

It says for 94-96 GP but the layout appears to be the same as my 95 Cutlass.

Thanks again for the tips, I will let you know how it works out.

the clusters are all but identical with the exception of the low trac light is not on the GP one, notice that is a GP cluster in my Cutlass in the pic I took....I was test fitting the cluster, so I could looking into buying the white GP guages...

My GP has the low traction light, however iit is very annoying becuase it comes on frequently.
It only comes on when your ABS is kicking in...

I'm thinking about getting the GP overlay and the Speedhut brushed aluminum bezel for my Regal. I plan on cutting out the overlay underneath the holes for the idiot lights to let the stock part show through. Reason being is there are a couple of lights on the Regal (like "Cruise" instead of "Second Gear Start") that are different than the GP. I was thinking of painting the bezel flat black, except for a small strip outlining the gauges to give it the "cockpit" style look...