Newest pics of my Cutty

dsgrntld187

Here's a few cool pics of my Cutty I've taken lately.. And some other things (including my moms current ride).

476430_65_full.jpg

476430_53_full.jpg

476430_56_full.jpg

476430_63_full.jpg

Not many new ones of my car itself, but htere will be if I get some more rechargable batteries (old ones are fried).

they look bright

i picked up a set of driving light today. my old fog lights looked bright but didn't do shit. lit up the side of the road but didn't do shit in front of the car

Oh yeah, you can see these light up in front of you. Get a set off of ebay, 10 bucks. I don't remember the name, but I had to completely Ghetto rig these ot fit. Broke off one of the mounting tabs (on purpose), and then I found out I got so pissed at the passenger fog light (original) that the mount was completely bent out of shape so I had to fix that. All in all took about 2 or 3 hours today. I'm quite slow.

Thanks, I tried to do them as best as I could. The thing that took the most time was getting the old ones out surprisingly. Thanks to the guys here, I figured out that the knob was supposed to be bolted on, and so once I figured that out, the passenger one came out (I had literally worked on getting it out on and off for 2 months) pretty quick and then the driver side one I had to set the knob on fire so it would melt away and then I twisted the bolt with the pliers till the socket would be able to get it. I can pretty much drive my car now with only the foglights which is pretty cool.

I have the same exact driving lights and they're just as ghetto mounetd.

I started driving around with just the fogs/parking lights on but people kept flashing their highs at me cause their so damn bright. I think I just need to aim them a bit lower.

my old fog lights looked bright but didn't do shit. lit up the side of the road but didn't do shit in front of the car

they're not supposed to :roll: fog lights are meant to be aux. lights to help you see better at night, they're meant to be used more or less when it's foggy out. They're dim and wide and low so they light under the fog and don't reflect off it.

Heh at least I have a backup if my lights go out while I'm driving now. What do you guys think of the brake overlay? It was really quick and I actually got into too big of a hurry because I had to go to work.

I have the same exact driving lights and they're just as ghetto mounetd.

I started driving around with just the fogs/parking lights on but people kept flashing their highs at me cause their so damn bright. I think I just need to aim them a bit lower.

my old fog lights looked bright but didn't do shit. lit up the side of the road but didn't do shit in front of the car

they're not supposed to :roll: fog lights are meant to be aux. lights to help you see better at night, they're meant to be used more or less when it's foggy out. They're dim and wide and low so they light under the fog and don't reflect off it.

Well...just for the sake of argument, the only true foglights on a W-Body were the old-school ones...like before 93, i'm pretty sure... The fogs on our cars, while pretty good, are more like driving lights and were MAINLY for appearance. They do fill the lower part of the beam with light, which is better during fog and generally good for seeing the road, however they're not true fogs.

YK

Are you talking about the ones that were taller but skinnier? Like that were on Camaros and things like that?

??? huh? if you're asking me about which fogs were true foglights, i think it was the ones on the old school International Cuttys...and I dunno but I think the TGP lights might have been good too...Not sure... i just remember having this conversation before...maybe a year ago.. the main thing is that most true fog lights are yellow.

Heh at least I have a backup if my lights go out while I'm driving now. What do you guys think of the brake overlay? It was really quick and I actually got into too big of a hurry because I had to go to work.

I haven't put my decals on my car yet, but that's exactly what I was going to do. That looks good. I'm definately going to do that now! 8)

that's why i don't have them anymore

Well...just for the sake of argument, the only true foglights on a W-Body were the old-school ones...like before 93, i'm pretty sure... The fogs on our cars, while pretty good, are more like driving lights and were MAINLY for appearance. They do fill the lower part of the beam with light, which is better during fog and generally good for seeing the road, however they're not true fogs.

YK

I think you mean pre '92 lights, and I know which ones you're talking about, but I fail to see how '92+ CS stock fog lights weren't actual "fogs." They had a wide, low beam, low wattage, and were vertically adjustable. When I got my new driving lights I could tell just from the case what made the difference: the stock casing was more or less a half circle, while the driving light replacments I got were noticably more of a half oval, making it a narrow projected beam opposed to the wide of the originals.

yeah, of all honesty theres no point in rushing an install of any sort.

like my under glow for example... took me like 6 hours todo ...

half the time was like trying to figure out where to put the damn wiring ...