finally some better pics of my new 95 GP (56K warning)

THe_DeTAiL3R

It was very sunny out and my Samsung camera doesn't like glare.. so some stuff might look dull or whatever. The car could use a washing and I might wax it tomorrow. The inside is fairly clean vaccuum it tommorrow maybe, and I wanna stream clean it when I have money.

S2400002.jpg

S2400004.jpg

S2400007.jpg

Sun glare (the back looks shinier)

S2400022.jpg

Bad clearcoat on spoiler.. I will get that repainted professionally when I have money.

S2400023.jpg

The dent... (bondo time). Someone must have smacked it with a hammer or something. :?

S2400006.jpg

S2400005.jpg

S2400015.jpg

S2400016.jpg

That spoiler is in great shape, just the clearcoat is toast. I don't think it would be that much to take it off and have Maaco or someone paint it... spraypaint just never looks the same.

NICE! :drool: I'm a sucker for the Red exterior / Tan interior combo myself. I didn't know that the 95 GP's were available in anything other than Charcoal or Seafoam...

Don't go to Maaco they charge less but thats because their paint sucks. In your case I would find a spoiler on ebay or go to some wrecker nearby and find a really cheap one, you'll have the original color, and factory paint.

C-BAD, can I help on something?

I noticed in one of those shots, the dent one, some Major swirls. Id recomend doing something somewhat about em before you wax.

Clay first, im sure that has never been done on that car.

Use a polish, id really recomend finding some Meeguairs Pro Swirl Mark Remover. Do it by hand, or cheap random orbital polisher (walmart for like $20).

Use some glaze next, if you can get some Megs Show Car Glaze. That will fill em in.

Then, lastly, use some nice wax, either Megs Gold Class or Megs #26 High tech yellow.

Id do that ASAP, unless you can fix that dent first, and then do that paint work soon after.

jon

C-BAD, can I help on something?

I noticed in one of those shots, the dent one, some Major swirls. Id recomend doing something somewhat about em before you wax.

Clay first, im sure that has never been done on that car.

Use a polish, id really recomend finding some Meeguairs Pro Swirl Mark Remover. Do it by hand, or cheap random orbital polisher (walmart for like $20).

Use some glaze next, if you can get some Megs Show Car Glaze. That will fill em in.

Then, lastly, use some nice wax, either Megs Gold Class or Megs #26 High tech yellow.

Id do that ASAP, unless you can fix that dent first, and then do that paint work soon after.

jon

Don't worry I will definatly detail the car before I wax it. Until then its still sitting in the garage while I fix it so the paint will be fine.

Very nice. Looks just like my friends '96...cept his doesn't have DIC or HUD and interior is different...so are the wheels...OK so the color is the same, and he is having hte same problems as you with the clearcoat. But other than that it looks pretty damn good!!

i still wouldn't have bought it but its all i think. its your choice on your car so its up to you :roll:

You are right... I should have bought 2 1988 Cutlass 2.8s that don't run right and attempt to make one of them fast. :roll: :flip:

i still wouldn't have bought it but its all i think. its your choice on your car so its up to you :roll:

You are right... I should have bought 2 1988 Cutlass 2.8s that don't run right and attempt to make one of them fast. :roll: :flip:

matadorowned.jpg

LOL... thanks for the comments guys. I washed the car yesterday and it looks even shinier, and I still haven't detailed it yet. I'm sure that most of the paint will look good as new. 8) Anyways I'm having fun with it so far and I don't regret buying it one little bit.

For those of you who think I overpaid, you gotta remember that it is Canadian currancy, not US, and if you don't beleive how much cars cost do a search on http://autotrader.ca

Guest Anonymous

I think its a fair price. Even in my area, ~2000 is still resonable. Grand prix's around that year go for about 4 in the bergen record, but everything is expensive here.