power window switch wires on 94-95 question (pics)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Okay my driver's side window doesn't open. Passenger side does...

I got a switch from the junkyard (I don't know if it works or not) and it is from a 1994 GP. Switch doesn't work at all then I noticed that the wiring is slightly different. I don't have the wire harness from that 94 so I don't know what colors go where.. This is where I need your help. Anyone who has a 1994 and could take a picture of their wiring I'd really appreciate it!

Look at the pics and you will see that one wire is in a different location. I tried moving the brown one (looks black on the pic) to the other spot but didn't get any results.

Wire harness on my 1995: (no connection on the wire below top left)

colors:

top left: small wire (grey?)

no wire

tan

brown

top right: blue

light blue

black

brown

S2400014.jpg

Switch from the 1994: (no connection on the bottem right)

S2400012.jpg

Are you sure the motor isn't bad?

I have no clue. When I figure out how to wire this switch I will let you know :lol: . Several people on here said that the 94-96 switches are garbage.. :shrug:

Are you sure the motor isn't bad?

:werd: That was one of the first things I fixed on my '89 when I first got it, I had to drill out the rivets on the window motor and replace it. I'm not sure how you'd go about it, but try closing the circuit on the up or down side of the wiring, just sending 12v to it, and see if the motor responds. If not, you got a trip to the j/y ahead of you.

So the motor takes 12v directly? Damn, I don't feel like tearing the door apart! :?

I believe so. It's a bitch to do, but damn does it feel good having a working window when you're cruising in 90*+ weather...

yeah its hot doing stuff in the car, even though I'm just sitting in the driveway right now. I need the window working for safety..

Also my A/C needs a recharge so it really sucks.

Also my A/C needs a recharge so it really sucks

Are you going to the states any time soon? Because if you are stop by at a walmart or autozone and buy some refrigerent, it will cost you less than going to crappy tire and just getting it checked and its legal too.

http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=27&PID=92

Something like this would be good for your car or you can buy a gauge seperatly and a couple of bottles so after the winter you can fill it up again. It has leak stopper and oil already in it.

You should check to see if there is actual gas in the system, this can be done by finding the opening in the AC and just the press the valve stem down to see if gas comes out. It takes one can the size of a 500ml water bottle to turn on the compressor.

Also my A/C needs a recharge so it really sucks

Are you going to the states any time soon? Because if you are stop by at a walmart or autozone and buy some refrigerent, it will cost you less than going to crappy tire and just getting it checked and its legal too.

http://www.id-usa.com/product.asp?CID=27&PID=92

Something like this would be good for your car or you can buy a gauge seperatly and a couple of bottles so after the winter you can fill it up again. It has leak stopper and oil already in it.

You should check to see if there is actual gas in the system, this can be done by finding the opening in the AC and just the press the valve stem down to see if gas comes out. It takes one can the size of a 500ml water bottle to turn on the compressor.

I was at NAPA today and they had a kit (couple bottles) it was like $60-70 and it works for all A/C systems. I might get that.

That bottle that I showed you is 20$ US. I don't think you can buy that AC stuff here in Canada because its illegal, you can only buy it if you have a license.

seems sort of weird because other stores like Walmart don't sell it because Canada made all refrigerant illegal unless a person has an AC license, you should ask to see if they will sell it to you. Oh and BTW you can get r-134a refrigerant on ebay for cheaper than at NAPA.