Anyone know the number for this bulb?

MommyTaz022200

My bulb for my illuminated key lock cylender is burn out. The bulb must be really old because the numbers are worn off of it. The top flat and I can't find any at the store that are the same size, the same bottom part, and are flat on the top. Does anyone know what number the bulb is? I also can't find the wiring for the bulb on my passenger door. Is mine missing or was this only on the driver side? Would a LED bulb work in it(the ones with 6 LED's that plug into the factory sockets, or a regular LED) ? It would be cool if LED's would work since the bulb isn't real easy to get to when it burns out.

Guest Anonymous

Im not sure. The petty edition uses green led's for the key lock (i think) Does anyone know if its one or more led's? it seems like only one on the bottom is working.

I forgot to ask in the first post, how hard would it be to wire up the key cylinder on my trunk? In the dark it would be nice to have it light up so I won't scratch the hell out of the paint job.... well when I get the paint job done.

Guest Anonymous

i dont see how that would work. My key light comes on when i pull the handle, so i dont know how you could activate iit. If you figure out how, let me know, since i'd be up for that as well.

i dont see how that would work. My key light comes on when i pull the handle, so i dont know how you could activate iit. If you figure out how, let me know, since i'd be up for that as well.

I was thinking if I wired it up so when the dome light is on... With the delay on the lights after the doors are all shut it should give me enough time to walk to my trunk and put the key in or if I'm just running from my house to grab something out of the trunk, like you said the lights turn on when the door handle is pulled, so I could just pull the handle. My lights also turn on when I disarm my car, which I would have to do to get into the trunk or my alarm will go off.