Heated Mirrors & Memory Seats

MommyTaz022200

I was wondering if any w-bodies have Heated Mirrors or Power Memory Seats? If not does anyone know how either would wire up to my car? Do the seats have their own computer or storage area to remember the settings or is the info. stored in the car's computer?

I think the only GM's that had the memory seat option are Cadillacs and maybe the Olds Aurora. Judging by the clearence between the mechanicals of the power seat and the floor in my Regal, there isn't much room to add on the extra servos and whatnot that I'm sure the memory seats have attached to them. I would imagine there's another module that operates the memory function of the seats, not the main PCM. Again, where to mount that - trunk maybe?

Now my interest is piqued. I'd love to have memory seats in my car. I hate when I let my wife drive my car and I have to spend a half hour getting the damn seat back to where I like it :cuss: .

I guess the first place to start is by picking up a Factory Service Manual for a late model Caddy (or Aurora) and hitting up some boneyards to see if you can find a seat track, module, wiring, and control panel. The hardest part would be trying to modify the seat track electronics of the Caddy seat to work on the W-Body seat track. I think the rest would be gravy...

It's not just Cadillacs. Memory seats was an option on my truck which mine unfortunately doesn't have. The 99-02 trucks have a separate memory module.

2003+ Chevy/GMC/Cadillac trucks could get memory seats and heated, autodimming, memory outside mirrors with LED turn signals and power folding. 03+ stores the settings in the BCM.

I'm pretty sure no W-body has memory seats, at least no gen 1 W-body. The problem is not so much the motors, but our seats don't have position sensors. If you could somehow add position sensors and rig up a computer out of a Silverado for example, it should work.

I would love to have memory seats and mirrors on my car. My parents' Maxima and my dad's Infiniti Q45 both even have memory power tilt & telescoping steering wheel. I want all these things! The passenger seat isn't even power on any of my W-bodies. :(

Do STE's have power passenger seat? I thought they did, but I'm not sure.