Good deal for this 95 GP SE???

90TGP

I'm looking at this 95 GP SE [non-b4u] as a daily driver. It looks like this one

248026_33_full.jpg

It has a dent on the front drivers side fender that can be pulled out. Probably needs a new battery, or a recharge. Power locks/windows. Rear spoiler. Has the 3100 with around 119k and runs good. And it has the uber sweet seafoam green interior! 8) Oh, and he just did a brake job on it.

Bad things: Needs a passanger side air vent. Needs new HVAC controls. Center console needs to be tighten down, rattles. Yucky chrome fender trim that needs to be removed. Two screws are holding the radio trim peice on the right side. Needs a CD player, it has like an old 80s style radio with cassette :oops: . Missing a bolt that holds the fender brace on. Missing the peice of plastic that goes over the ecm in the engine bay.

He only wants 2k for it obo. My dad is going to trade his 92 Grand Voyager van for it too since he doesn't use it anymore.

Think it's a good idea? The small stuff listed above is no problem and can be easily fixed [except for the seafoam green interior, lol] :lol:

i'd mabie try and talk him down to $1500 and use the problems it has as a barning tool, but otherwise if you can afford it, get it

For my 95 GP SE with B4U (and entirely stock)

I paid $2300 ($2000 before tax) Canadian dollars... $2000 is about $1500US.

heres what I need to fix..

-mufflers

-starter or alternator or loose connection (not starting properly) battery tested good

-driver's side window not opening

-signal light switch (replace or hopefully just CLEAN )

-driver's mirror (cracked)

-brake pads+rotors front and rear (really really worn, but still stops great compared to my 88 )

-right side balljoint and outter tierod

-waterpump

-truck not opening (latch dealy on hood needs replacement)

-A/C recharge

So that car you are looking at sounds like a good deal to me.

i would try to bump him down a little and yeah point out the problems and how much they'd cost. The seafoam green interior is a rare color isnt it??

I agree with everyone here about shooting a little lower with your offer than what he's asking. Be stoic and don't act like you have your heart set on the car when you go to look at it. If he refuses your offer, don't budge on the price. Just wish him luck and let him know your offer still stands if he can't find anyone to buy it...

My dad is dealing with him, and he isn't the type that doesn't mess around with cars [from past experience].

Also forgot to mention that the car has a remote start installed.

Also forgot to mention that the car has a remote start installed.
Bonus! :thumbsup: My wife's Lumina has remote start and the dealer we bought it from didn't even know about it. He just thought it had an aftermarket keyless entry. We didn't find out about it until one day when my wife was messing around with the remote, she pressed both of the buttons at the same time and the damn thing started! I'm sure the dealer would have marked up the price if he knew about it...