Auto Dimming Rear View Mirrors

MommyTaz022200

Were they ever an option on a 93? I really like my boyfriend's so I'd like one for my car, but I really like my map lights on my mirror. So I was thinking maybe they made them for our cars with the lights.

Anyone know which ones have the map lights too? My boyfriend's don't. I figured the wiring would be easy, I just don't want to loose my map lights. They are so nice to have when it's late at night and my son is asleep, he wakes up when I turn on the dome light switch cause it's so bright in the car.

Quickest way would be to hop onto eBay and search for autodimming mirrors. I see tons of 'em.. autodim, lights, compasses, temps..

I think one even made breakfast.

FWD Impalas had an available autodimming rearview mirror with very bright map/dome lights. I put one in my TGP and it cost $25-something from Ebay. It is manufactured by Donnelly.

Donnelly used to make an identical mirror to the above that had a green compass display. I have one of these in my 94 convertible, but 1/3rd of the autodimming fluid leaked out. I paid $180 for this piece of crap and Donnelly won't warranty it (it was an aftermarket retail kit).

Olds Intrigue had an available autodimming rearview mirror with LED map/domelights and blue compass. I put one in my Cutlass, but I discovered it doesn't power down, it depended on the Intrigue's BCM to power it down, so it'll drain the battery in 3-days. I would avoid these even though they look cool. It was made by Gentex.

Gentex makes aftermarket retail kit mirrors with the LED map/domelights plus compass/temp. They run around $200-ish on Ebay.

The newer W's that come equipped with moonroofs will have an autodimming mirror complete with maplights since there is no console on the headliner in those cars.

I have one with map light and a compass. I didn't want the temp since the climate control displays it. You can get all three features. The 2 companie I know are Donnelly (which I have) and Gentex. They are awsome.

Newer gp's with sunroofs have the lights in the roof by the sunroof not in the mirror. Auto dimming is pretty cool though.

Yep, this is how mine is, my 00 was as well. Maybe the 97-99 had a mirror with maplights since someone above thought that... :?:

Yep, this is how mine is, my 00 was as well. Maybe the 97-99 had a mirror with maplights since someone above thought that... :?:

Intrigue and Impala have maplights on the mirror. I think the other gen 2 W's have the overhead console w/lights.