Project HUD......

Crimson Fury Z

.....is complete! it is a little off center(thats my fault), and i need to switch the gas and left turn wires.....a blinking gas pump for a signal :lol: ......i need to cut the left speaker cover(to fit w/HUD), basicaly tidy up the dash. pics (day) tomorrow afternoon!!

Guest Anonymous

I havent figured it out yet. But im obsessed with HUD's and think they are the best thing ever. I will never buy a car without a HUD or a car that can have a factory HUD put in. Maybe thier are other HUD whores on here. who knows.

I will never buy a car without a HUD or a car that can have a factory HUD put in.

Right :roll:

they do have aftermarket ones too, you know. From what I've seen they only show speed though, not signals, highbeams, etc.

Guest Anonymous

Ive seen the aftermarket one, it is such a cheap shitty imitation, its ridiculous. I really like the new BMW HUD's, they display the navigation map up on the windsheild along with the other information.

As far as me only buying HUD cars, its true, I am a hud whore. I like the feature that much. Hopefully it will be more widspread soon and i wont be limited to a high end GM or 5 series.

If you really wanna kick it up a notch, Ross, then salvage one of those "Night Vision" system out of a Caddy STS. That would kick all kinds of ass! That should be the next big project that people on this board get into. HUD's and DIC's are played out :lol: ...

How much will the price be for a HUD for my 96 regal olympic edition i really want to get one

You'd probably have to try and modify (and dye) the HUD dashpad for a 94-96 Grand Prix, since Regals never had HUD's for an option. The Grand Prix's dash pad is similar to the Regal's, but not identical. I've been tossing around the idea in my head to install a GP HUD in my 95 Regal someday...

Guest Anonymous
If you really wanna kick it up a notch, Ross, then salvage one of those "Night Vision" system out of a Caddy STS. That would kick all kinds of ass! That should be the next big project that people on this board get into. HUD's and DIC's are played out :lol: ...

Tis a good idea. I remember seeing the commerical for that a while back. Maybe i could mod it into the petty edition.

I remember way back in like 95 my parents when to a pontiac dealer looking for cars, my mom wanted a GTP and my dad wanted an SSEi, both cars had HUDs and i remember the salesman showing it to me and saying how cool that was. Thats how it got started.

When I got my HUD I wasn't sure if my car was pre-wired for it, so I grabbed the connectors as well. I did not completely rip out all the wiring, but there is about a foot or so of wiring for each conncetor. When I put it in my car I found the wiring was already in my car, so if anyone needs the harness ends that plug into the HUD and switch let me know. It is for the dash mounted HUD with the switches mounted under the windsheild wiper switch. My digital camera is broken otherwise I'd take pictures of it.

When I got my HUD I wasn't sure if my car was pre-wired for it, so I grabbed the connectors as well. I did not completely rip out all the wiring, but there is about a foot or so of wiring for each conncetor. When I put it in my car I found the wiring was already in my car, so if anyone needs the harness ends that plug into the HUD and switch let me know. It is for the dash mounted HUD with the switches mounted under the windsheild wiper switch. My digital camera is broken otherwise I'd take pictures of it.

if they will work for a +94 HUD and you aren't asking too much for them, I will claim them.....

if they will work for a +94 HUD and you aren't asking too much for them, I will claim them.....

I'm not sure if they will work on a 94+. Gearhead might, he seems to know a ton about HUD's and DIC's. ((((GEARHEAD WHERE ARE YOU!!!!)))

I'm not looking to make money from them, I just figured I'd offer them to someone who needs them since I have them just sitting around. So I'd want the amount it costs to ship them, Which shouldn't be more then $2.00 I would think. They would fit in a envelope, but I'd use the ones with the bubbles since the clips are plastic.

I'm not sure if they will work on a 94+. Gearhead might, he seems to know a ton about HUD's and DIC's. ((((GEARHEAD WHERE ARE YOU!!!!)))

I'm not looking to make money from them, I just figured I'd offer them to someone who needs them since I have them just sitting around. So I'd want the amount it costs to ship them, Which shouldn't be more then $2.00 I would think. They would fit in a envelope, but I'd use the ones with the bubbles since the clips are plastic.

can I send you a few dollars from paypal or do you want cash/money order?

can I send you a few dollars from paypal or do you want cash/money order?

If you want then you can send it thru paypal. The email address I use for it is White93GrandPrix@new.rr.com. Make sure to include your address so I know where to send them.

Guest Anonymous

will a 97-03 HUD unit work in a 92? Theres another project idea. I looked at the caddy night vision HUD. It doesnt display any information from the dash. Yes the nightvision is cool,. but id rather have my speed etc in front of me. It looks like its in black and white, which is kinda junky. Its still cool if you have the time and money to invest.

will a 97-03 HUD unit work in a 92? Theres another project idea. I looked at the caddy night vision HUD. It doesnt display any information from the dash. Yes the nightvision is cool,. but id rather have my speed etc in front of me. It looks like its in black and white, which is kinda junky. Its still cool if you have the time and money to invest.

The chances of getting a 97-03 HUD to work are slim since they communicate and get data from the DIC.

MommyTaz... I'm here... LOL just working my azz off.. Not much time on the forums right now... working on 2 GP's as well.. As stated before the 94 and 94 HUDs will work but the 96 uses OBD11 and is not compatible with the 94-95 OBD1 systems.......

Seth,

Did you make sure the cable thong on the HUD metal tray engaged the HUD mirror? if not you will not be able to move the Mirror with the dimmer switch's height adjustor.

The chances of getting a 97-03 HUD to work are slim since they communicate and get data from the DIC.

No they don't, and people have installed them in 94-96 GP's before. Only data communication they need is to get the radio station display.

the cable was long enough to go from the dimmer to the tray :wink:

you, gearhead43, get some major kudos, for fixing that dimmer! one question, how does the fuse cluster in the glovebox come out? i removed the screw, and it seems that something is still holding it back. so that lead me to wrap the wire around the cluster fuse and front mount it, giving it a constant flow. if i go through the back like you say to do, will enable it so shut off after the car is turned off?