Mudflaps

93CutlassSupreme

just spoke to one of the local dealers in regards to mudflaps, and he told me there is two different sizes - 7.5" wide and 8.5" wide.

what size would you guys recommend?

i know runt has them, opinion?

anyone who has mud flaps, could you measure them for me?

thanks

Mudflaps prevent debris thrown by your tires, damaging the painted areas near the wheel wells.

Once the protective coat of paint has been chipped away those areas rust out.

Protection or not, I'd rather let my car get skin cancer than install mud flaps. Besides, mudflaps automatically cancel out any sportiness your car might have already.

I'll measure later tonite and let you know how big mine are. I wouldn't take mine off of the car. Personally I dont' care if it makes it look less sporty or not. I guess with this car I'm more worried about functionality. lol. Anyway, most of the tire shine (if there is any left on the tire, which really there shouldn't be much) will hit that for the most part. Just make sure you don' thave a pool of it on there.

I'll post again later about the size and whatnot.

I'm gonna put them around 7 inches. Yeah they really only screw into the plastic gfx (if thats what you want to call 'em, maybe body cladding). I wouldn't want my car without 'em.

I'll measure later tonite and let you know how big mine are. I wouldn't take mine off of the car. Personally I dont' care if it makes it look less sporty or not. I guess with this car I'm more worried about functionality. lol. Anyway, most of the tire shine (if there is any left on the tire, which really there shouldn't be much) will hit that for the most part. Just make sure you don' thave a pool of it on there.

I'll post again later about the size and whatnot.

I have them on my Cutlass and would never think about taking them off either. Most people are these days are way too worried about looks and what other people think. If fact I wish my Firebird had mud flaps, the paint on the whole lower portion of the car is chipped to hell, I'd much rather have mud flaps then chipped paint.

It's too bad that American companies can't make a decent looking mud flap. All mud flaps I've seen that work on our W-bodies looks so cheap and trashy.

Acura mud flaps are so much more tasteful than anything I've seen for the W's. I wonder if there's some import mudflaps that will fit?

i agree mudflaps for american cars look like rejects from the rubber floor mat factory

Sadly yes. It's too bad they can't make something nice and moulded. Not like the little rubber POS's. Oh well.