found 91 cutlass supreme 3.4L DOHC 5 speed, $400 should ibuy

m0sh_man

its red, seems to be well equiped, been sitting for a year due to death of owner, owners family wont drive it, and want $400 for it, current owner said that before his father passed away, he had new brakes, (complete system) new timing belts, and new clutch put in before he passed away, total of $3000 worth of work, it has new tires, and the owner said it will run.

the paint is horrible,

think i should jump on it for this price?

matthew

Yes, I would deffinately jump on it for the price, do you have a cutlass already? if so then if the specs your talking about are right you could swap the tranny into a newer 3.4. but for 400$ you cant beat the price. if you dont tell me where it is so i can :)

Hell yeah you should buy it! Damn, even if the body's shot, it's worth it just for the drivetrain alone, especially if it runs and drives...

body is great except for one dent in the fender (small dent) yes it was a getrag 284, new clutch, new brakes, new timing belts, body needed painted badly, but interior looked immaculate.

i gotta sell my 92 beretta GT 3.1L 5 speed first, if someone lives close enough to pick it up, ill take $200 for my beretta, good getrag 282 5 speed, body is fine, but needs headgaskets and a spark plug drilled outta the head, gotta sell it to pick up the 91 cutlass,

yes the cutlass will look great with my 91GTP 3.4L 5 speed.

matthew

it has the same rims on it as the black cutlass in the signature above this post, they are some UGLY rims, but i guess back in the early 90's they were cool :P

matthew

im located in charleston WV, about 4 hours from charlotte NC, 3.5 hours from pittsburg PA, 2.75 hours from wheeling WV, 3 hours from columbus OH, id like to have the beretta out of here in the next day or two, ill be gone on the weekend, first $150 takes it home.

matthew

well, i went and looked at it today with the hood up, the motor was fairly clean, the transmission shifted smooth while the car was off,

it had some wierd options, it had cruise, digital dash, and power mirrors, it did not have power windows or locks, which i thought was odd, the car would not start, the fuel pump did not sound like it was running, it was also very hard to start to get it turned over, we used my optima battery when he keyed it, it turned about 1/2" on the pulley, each time he keyed it, it would turn alittle more each time until it finally turned over feely, the owner informed me that it had been atleast 12 months since it had been started, and possibly 16 months, the car had 177k on the odometer, it had new tires also 225/60/16's.

im still not sure if i want to pick it up or not, ill probably wait a week and see if hte owner will take $200 for it.

matthew