CRAZY ENGINE IDEA

weasle_13

AS MOST ARE AWARE, DOING ANYTHING TO THE ENGINE BAY OF A CUTLASS SUPREME, OR ANY PART FOR THAT MATTER, REQUIRES LOTS OF CUSTOMIZATION. I RECENTLY SAW A KID WITH A 95 CUTTY THAT TOOK OFF HIS VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, ALTERNATOR ANF EXHAUST MANIFOLD SHIELDS, AND PAINTED THEM WITH WALMART HIGH TEMP CHROME ENGINE PAINT. IT LOOKED DECENT, BUT I KNOW THAT IN A MONTH, IT WILL BUBLE AND BE SHITTY. I HAVE TAKEN A SPINOFF OF THIS IDEA, AND BOUGHT A SET OF VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND THROTTLE BODY,(GOT THEM ON EBAY FOR $72 INCLUDING SHIPPING) AND HAVE SINCE BEGUN THE LONG PROCESS OF SANDING AND POLISHING THE LOT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT, AND, I WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY CRAZY PAINT CHIPPING.

first look to your left you will see this

caps-lock.jpg

second, its been done before, it does look damn good though, good luck with your polishing project.

AS MOST ARE AWARE, DOING ANYTHING TO THE ENGINE BAY OF A CUTLASS SUPREME, OR ANY PART FOR THAT MATTER, REQUIRES LOTS OF CUSTOMIZATION. I RECENTLY SAW A KID WITH A 95 CUTTY THAT TOOK OFF HIS VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, ALTERNATOR ANF EXHAUST MANIFOLD SHIELDS, AND PAINTED THEM WITH WALMART HIGH TEMP CHROME ENGINE PAINT. IT LOOKED DECENT, BUT I KNOW THAT IN A MONTH, IT WILL BUBLE AND BE SHITTY. I HAVE TAKEN A SPINOFF OF THIS IDEA, AND BOUGHT A SET OF VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND THROTTLE BODY,(GOT THEM ON EBAY FOR $72 INCLUDING SHIPPING) AND HAVE SINCE BEGUN THE LONG PROCESS OF SANDING AND POLISHING THE LOT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT, AND, I WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY CRAZY PAINT CHIPPING.

AS MOST OF US ARE AWARE. WHEN YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS YOU LOOK LIKE A COMPLETE IDIOT AND ITS HARD TO READ YOUR POSTS. MOST PEOPLE WILL IGNORE SOMEONE WHO IS SO IGNORANT THAT THEY CANNOT EVEN SHOW THE BASIC ABILITY TO TYPE. EVEN MONKEYS USE CASE. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR POLSHING PROJECT YOULL NEVER WANT TO SEE A DIE GRINDER AGAIN WHEN YOUR DONE.

Sorry, I am at work, and all internal memos i send from my office,(such as hiring and Firing notices) have to be sent in caps, I just get used to typing that way. thanks for the support though. I am already cursing the digrinder, and sandpaper. And thanks to all those who like to jump to conclusions.

they assume I am stupid. I must admit, the captain capslock comment was cool, but still I didn't need everyone to point it out.

If you hang around enough, youll be amazed at the amount of newbs that have to hear people complain about typing in caps 3, 4 even 5+ times before they either understand or get pissed at people complaining and they leave.

For your upper intake, vavle covers and TB you can use paint successfully with out a problem as long as you use the high temp stuff and primer it properly. You still have to smooth out the plenum if you want it to really shine.

As for the manifolds the best bet is a shot of cermaic coating.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on the CAPSLOCK thing.

Back in the old, old days, I've had computers that couldn't even type lowercase without mods.

Some people (mostly older non-computer savvy people) still claim all uppercase is easier to read.

Personally, I don't give a shit.

At least he can spell and uses commas. That's more than I can say for many.

I don't know why everyone's so hung up on the CAPSLOCK thing.

Back in the old, old days, I've had computers that couldn't even type lowercase without mods.

Some people (mostly older non-computer savvy people) still claim all uppercase is easier to read.

Personally, I don't give a shit.

At least he can spell and uses commas. That's more than I can say for many.

spieling?

comas? I dont get it :lol:

spieling?

comas? I dont get it :lol:

Heh, not a whole lot of grammatical stuff bothers me much, but there are a few things people do that's just totally irritating.

u = you

ne1 = anyone

neways = anyways

There are a few more, I'm sure. These are just the very irritating ones I see most often. Are a couple of additional letters really that difficult to type? They sure aren't for people who can type correctly. Maybe it saves time for those who hunt and peck or 2-finger type, but those people just need to LEARN TO TYPE!!! I have a coworker that 2-finger types and he's pretty quick at it, but it drives me nuts!

thats neat, but your project will turn out close to his. My family works for the BIG 3, and i am getting my valve cover plated, which means it will never buble or look like crap.

But the valve covers aren't totally smooth, won't that show up in the coating?

Depends on how thick the plating is, if your going to do that just have the parts chromed and be done with it.

As for paints if you want it to look smooth your still going to have to smoothe the surface somehow. I would just grind it like you are but Ive heard of people using other methods as well.

AS MOST ARE AWARE, DOING ANYTHING TO THE ENGINE BAY OF A CUTLASS SUPREME, OR ANY PART FOR THAT MATTER, REQUIRES LOTS OF CUSTOMIZATION. I RECENTLY SAW A KID WITH A 95 CUTTY THAT TOOK OFF HIS VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, ALTERNATOR ANF EXHAUST MANIFOLD SHIELDS, AND PAINTED THEM WITH WALMART HIGH TEMP CHROME ENGINE PAINT. IT LOOKED DECENT, BUT I KNOW THAT IN A MONTH, IT WILL BUBLE AND BE SHITTY. I HAVE TAKEN A SPINOFF OF THIS IDEA, AND BOUGHT A SET OF VALVE COVERS, INTAKE MANIFOLD, AND THROTTLE BODY,(GOT THEM ON EBAY FOR $72 INCLUDING SHIPPING) AND HAVE SINCE BEGUN THE LONG PROCESS OF SANDING AND POLISHING THE LOT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT, AND, I WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY CRAZY PAINT CHIPPING. ----still I didn't need everyone to point it out

caps lock key is on.....figured i'd let you know......:roll: :bonk: