TGP Clusters

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Will a TGP cluster work in a 92?

Ive been told the turbo gauge does not run like the volotometer it replaces so if i matched the piins for that it would get fried...

but the rest should work, correct? And do i have to add a bulb for the illuminated intercooled turbo mod?

The boost guage is a totally different type f guage. It would probably fry. As far as the illuinated logo, you have to sand down the black paint over the back and add a bulb.

Guest Anonymous

ok, so i should just leave the boost gauge pin unplugged for the time being. In later years, i would like to convert the car into TGP status and i found a good deal on a cluster so its the first to go in. I've heard that iit will fry elsewere so I will leave it alone. thanks

If my memory serves me right..when I saw the junkyard TGP guage cluster(2years ago I think)...the boost guage took the spot of the battery guage...and on the back it had like a seprate circuit board for the boost controler. It had like an OP Amp (for those who know electronics) and the rest were dirvers. Well it grabed the Neg and Pos from the so called battery guage...and the other pin went to the map sensor. On the schematic....it shows that the map signal wire Y out to the ecm and the guage.

Guest Anonymous

Hmm...

so the boost ggauge is on its own standalone pin? Do you know what 3 pins it runs on (like A1 A2 A3) so i can be sure to disconnected them so it doesnt fry, at least until the car is turbo.

The boost guage is a totally different type f guage. It would probably fry. As far as the illuinated logo, you have to sand down the black paint over the back and add a bulb.

Laquer thinner works much faster and cleaner than sanding. I found it WAY too bright when I added a bulb, it was plenty bright enough without it.