Can a 3.1 replace a 3100?

ks_skyhawk

I have a complete but wrecked 1990 Olds Cutlass. I have a chance to buy a 1995 Corsica with a dead 3100. I reading some of the posts as a visitor, I know the engines will directly bolt in. However, I am concerned about the computer. I could simplify things and use the 1990 computer and engine w/ the computer and put the whole hebang into the Corsica.

But, what about the VSS, etc and all the other things that are controlled ?

As I am reading this, I am asking myself, "Why don't I just ask our members what is involved in this swap? Will the 1990 cmputer work w/ all the 1995 peripherals? What do I need to know and or do? "

Thanking You in advance,

KS_Skyhawk

not worth the effort. the 90 computer wont control the 95 transmission, and the 90 engine doesnt have the additional crank and cam sensors needed to work with the SFI computer from the 95. the wiring isnt anywhere near direct swap because they are different platforms, nor would the wiring from the cutlass control the electronic trans in the corsica.

find a 3100 or 3400

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I guess I strip the old car of it's useful parts and send

it's hulk to that great salvage yard in the sky!!

Sincerely,

ks_skyhawk

PS. I also own a 94 Regal 3800 and a 97 GS w/ a supercharger.

I think the 94 Regal is the best all around car I've ever owned. And, I am 57! I also am finishing up my pet project: A 1976 Buick Skyhawk w/ a

350 Buick V-8, TH200R, etc,etc.