trunk release...electrical help

GTPrix

I'm adding the electric trunk release to the Cut. For the switch, do i just need a power and ground going to it, and shout a fuse be added before the switch (between the powere and switch) or after ( between the switch and solenoid)?? BTW.. its the stock switch. Thanks in advance.

All you need to run is a power wire to the solenoid. You can ground it right at the decklid. I'd add the fuse before the switch if you're running it right off the battery. If you tap into an existing circuit, you wouldn't need to add a fuse (you could but it's not necessary.) The stock trunk release's circuit is routed through the Park/Neutral safety switch so you don't accidentally pop the trunk when you're driving down the highway. I'd say if you just mount the switch in the glove box you don't have to worry about accidentally bumping it (if you don't route it thru the P/N switch...)

No, the solenoid grounds itself right to the trunk lid.

and btw, I have NEVER had a problem with accidently popping in on the highway. I was worried about the same thing when I put mine in but there is no way your legs or feet will ever come near it if you're driving.