What is ffp?

Squeage

Fastchip down in OK does OBDI 3100 flashes.

It's basically a governor removal and better shiftpoints, but it DOES help.

was that the one that was over $300? i don't think it's worth that much if that was it...

Fastchip down in OK does OBDI 3100 flashes.

It's basically a governor removal and better shiftpoints, but it DOES help.

Fastchip is a joke, trust me, if it worked as well as they claimed do you think I would go through all the trouble to upgrade to ODBII so I can get a DHP. Also Fastchip can do even less for me since Im ODB1.5

Sig,

Man its not that hard done right you can put it all together pretty cheap too. The PITA part is the wiring harness but you dont have to do any splicing or anything if you get the correct harness and injectors.

I dont know if Im will to do the OBD2 upgrade. I stopped today to look at a '99 Monte Carlo that had the 3100(I dont think it was a z34). It was hunter green, 57K on her, the z34 wheels with a small lip spoiler on the trunk...very nice looking car. How many horses does the '99 3100's push out? Also what tranny is hooked up to it, 4t60-e?

I dont know if Im will to do the OBD2 upgrade. I stopped today to look at a '99 Monte Carlo that had the 3100(I dont think it was a z34). It was hunter green, 57K on her, the z34 wheels with a small lip spoiler on the trunk...very nice looking car. How many horses does the '99 3100's push out? Also what tranny is hooked up to it, 4t60-e?

Like all the 95-99s the stock 3100 puts out 160hp/180tq mated to a 4t60-e with 2.93 gearing :x

The setup is good and reliable with the exception of the well known intake gasket issues all 3rd gen 60v6 pushrods have and the 4t60 which will die around 75k.

You can easily swap a 3400 style topend onto the block for about a 10hp gain.

Or just swap in a 3400 ;-)

Like all the 95-99s the stock 3100 puts out 160hp/180tq mated to a 4t60-e with 2.93 gearing :x

The setup is good and reliable with the exception of the well known intake gasket issues all 3rd gen 60v6 pushrods have and the 4t60 which will die around 75k.

"This is Brian paging Ms. Information. Ms. Information please come to the service counter"

- 160/185

- 3.33.... ?

- Guess I should buy one for myself (102k) or my sisters car with 140k. Oops! LOL more like double that 150k+ if you change the fluid and don't N-drop it. These aren't Chryslers!

:lol:

"This is Brian paging Ms. Information. Ms. Information please come to the service counter"

- 160/185

- 3.33.... ?

- Guess I should buy one for myself (102k) or my sisters car with 140k. Oops! LOL more like double that 150k+ if you change the fluid and don't N-drop it. These aren't Chryslers!

:lol:

Miss information here: The 3.33 gearing was availble in the 95 and 96 model years after that they stepped it down to 3.29. IIRC the later 98s and 99s got crappy 2.93 gearing but I might be wrong on that. And BFD I missed 5ft lbs of torque. I dont keep my GM manuals next to my bed :P

Not all t60s blow at 75k but they are known to, I see it quite a bit

Ah, but you say "the 4t60 which will die around 75k" I think thats just a bit inaccurate and more of an opinion. Can you show me what causes the 75-ish-k tick? No offense or anything, I've just never heard of it unless the owner ran it out of fluid, which I've seen a few.

Ah, but you say "the 4t60 which will die around 75k" I think thats just a bit inaccurate and more of an opinion. Can you show me what causes the 75-ish-k tick? No offense or anything, I've just never heard of it unless the owner ran it out of fluid, which I've seen a few.

Ok, damn I didnt know we had grammar nazis here, MANY t60s fail between 75-100k we get at least one a month on MM that toasts. NO not everyone and most of them are due to the use of a power flush machine.

If you own a 97+ 3x00.....get the DHP....it works nicely.

Fastchips doesn't do that much...........when compared to a DHP.......but it will elimate the governor (a big factor to me) and changes the shiftpoints. A proper 1-2 shift could be worth 0.1-0.2 seconds.