Looked at an '89 TGP Today!

digitaloutsider

Stopped by this guy who's had a TGP sitting in his yard for the past 3 or 4 months. Asked if he was willing to sell it. He is. $800. Coil packs are bad. Engine is missing the air intake. Turbo is still intact. HUD intact. DIC intact. Interior is pretty much all there with the exception of the driver side kick panel. Body is good. Paint is not. So, you guys think that $800 is a good deal for the car? If so, I'll soon be the owner of a TGP!

Shit, I'm no TGP expert, but I'd imagine you could easily fetch more than 8 bills for the motor alone. I say pick that sucker up post haste!

there was one around me that ran perfectly with a freshly rebuilt turbo, the guy wanted $1800 for it, it need interior work (no radio, tan leather was ripped)........I asked if he would take $1000 cash for it, he said yeah....I said let me think about it, after a couple days I decided not to get it, if it was Black I would have given him his asking price of $1800 in a heartbeat.....so if you ask me I would say offer him $500 before automatically shelling out his asking price of $800....unless it is black :wink:

shaun how much mileage on it? hell at the minimum if the rest of the car is a wreck you could always do an engine swap into the GP. You should definately low ball first like Jeremy suggested.

Milage is 115k. Yes, the interior is a bit rough. The carpet is in dire need of being replaced. Radio is missing. A few trim pieces are missing, but thankfully.. the seats are in great shape, just a little dirty. I'm starting to think that $800 isn't a bad deal at all.

ahh, i wished i had something turbo'd ...

0311scc_tcavalier01_z.jpg

the only cavalier stock from the factory that i'd buy would be his one

:devil:

i just wished i had that motor ... of all things honestly heh (not that 4 banger ... aaarggghh)