Diassaembled tails

Guest Anonymous

What should I do with the tails?  

1. 1. What should I do with the tails?

Guest Anonymous

well it took me a good 30 minutes to get the tail light off the GP... GM did a reall great job of hammering the bolts on there! They were even bolts but things that looked like bolts that were punctured onto the thing...

anyway i took it home becuase i didnt have the toools in my car to take it apart to get all the water out. anyway here it is taken apart:

IM000671.jpg

Now i have to redo the seal around the outer housing and let everything dry overnight so there is no more water at alll. And for the night the car has a giant opening in the back :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Oh the whole car will, when im done, which is a LOOOONG time away :( Most of the work that needs to be done i can do myself except for the engine, i'll be up from tthe city on the weekends to work on it. I'd like to have all the nitpicking details done before winter, and once the weather breaks i'll have a new 3.4 dropped in when i scrounge up the ~2 grand to do it, and the Blue Bomber will be on the streets tearing up the ville and westcherterinfeildville.

thanks though, i apppreciate it!

ohh wait im adding a poll here

i myself am in a constant state of fixing my cutlass but trust me if it takes a long time to finish it will be all the better looking when it is done and if you do most of the work yourself like you are you will feel more accomplished

well it took me a good 30 minutes to get the tail light off the GP... GM did a reall great job of hammering the bolts on there! They were even bolts but things that looked like bolts that were punctured onto the thing...

GM didn't make those I did. :wink: Use RTV to seal it up, that is what we use, but it's a little different, ours has to be heated to over 250* to melt, but in the end it's just RTV. (Room Temperature Vulcaninzing rubber) The "studs" as they are called are easiest removed w/ a 6pt socket (or an inverted allen head driver as we use) Check and make sure you didn't crack the stud bosses where the studs were. You weren't supposed to remove those from the housing. Just the little "nut" things that were on them. Lastly, if you decide to go clear and decide not to use the amber inner lense lemme know, I need them (if they are in good shape) I am having brand new taillights made for my GP's, but they don't have the inner amber lenses. So I need to supply them w/ some, and I don't really want to destroy good lamps just to steal a lense from them. Lemme know, and good luck w/ the lights. I'm gonna look into buying a bunch of housings (since that is what is broken in mine, and you can take them apart) If I can, and anybody needs them lemme know. They will be wicked cheap.

I can't wait to get the "Big Red Machine" (Kane... WWE) home on Tuesday! God damn even though I don't have parts yet I still can start the bodywork and prep the crosslace for black paint and polished edges. :)

I need to take apart the rear tails they have water in them too.. However I am gonna keep them stock cause I love the way they look at night.

What connects the plastic to the metal part.. is it like a gasket or something? Whats the best way to re-seal it?

Guest Anonymous

It was the nuts that i took off not the bolts... anyway the nuts look like they were even nuts but metal contraptions that were simply hammered on.

I guess i'll keep em red, i wasnt going clear but wondered how smoked would look. Work was stopped becuase a motorcycle hit our truck on the street, very bloody, more in the whhatever section.

If there were more of a salmon it would match the stupid pinstriping and head logos :lol:

did you just describe a color on your car as "Salmon"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what is funnier you have that color on your car or the fact that you described it as "salmon"

....anyway my vote was for "smoked".....

the colors of the pinstripes and all the special edition logos are a salmon-y pinkish red. the car is blue.

I understand the color scheme, but using the word "Salmon" do describe anything other than the fish screams "HOMO" :D