Happier than a MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
'bout time

You don't have to tell me twice.

Turned out to be BOTH constant power feeds from the battery to the ECM. Replaced those and then discovered one of the splits down below the tranny and feeds the fuel pump relay it's constant power. Stole an inline fuse from the black 90 (aftermarket power lock module) and wired it to the remote positive terminal. Now I just gotta clean the IAC and clear up the rough idle. Revs strong and sounds good, just idles rough. Then get a highflow cat and put the TGP exhaust on it.

Guest Anonymous
could you find an open in those wires anywhere? Do a continuity test with it? Congrats though

Didn't take the time to look for the bad area of wire. Just said fudge it and ran my own. I need to get this on the road like last week. :lol: Two people working and one car running doesn't work out too well. :roll:

BTW, when I have some extra time I plan on pulling all the wires out of the loom and checking them all. Just wanna make sure there aren't any others that might cause problems.

Guest Anonymous
do a continuity test, just to see if a broken wire is even the problem

I would think the wires would have to be broken or chewed or something. There was power coming out of the ECM fuse on the drivers side strut tower but no power on the other end at the ECM. The only place either wire splits is where the fuel pump constant power wire splits off and that would only affect one wire.

I would think the wires would have to be broken or chewed or something.

But why or how could that ever possibly happen? HA! :bonk:

Wish I would have known that was the problem with mine before I sunk a couple hundred in to it.

Guest Anonymous
pics please! i havent seen this project as of yet but sounds interesting. what was wrong before?

I never did get the project started. It was going to be a turbo/5-speed. The 5-speed and parts have been sold to someone on gere. Not sure if he wants me to say he bought it or not. The motor is still in the wrecked TGP. I just decided I didn't want to go through tearing the whole interior out of my car to swap in the 5-speed. But after last night at work I have a whole new project in my future. I hope. :twisted:

But anyway, here is a pic of the 89.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/redturbo90/clean.jpg

Guest Anonymous

car looks sharp turby.

*coughs* are there any parts on that TGP that got wrecked that are salvagable? I would like some rear reading c-pillar lights if cbad keeps his.

congrats turby!!! wish the blue bomber was riding. Good luck with it!

that was the nickname for my lumina :)

I kinda miss that car :(

Why did I ever give that up for a Jetta? :(

John

Guest Anonymous
i want the master cylender........ the turbo. the rear manifold and the crossover pipe and PCM NOW!

:skep: :thumbsdown: :motz2:

Don't see that happening. I have a new project. :willynilly: :leaving: