Center console HELP!

TeeJay3800

Hey guys, I need some help disassembling my center console. The clear plastic thing that has "P-R-N-OD-D-2-1" on it as well as the black plastic sliders around the shift lever came loose somehow and have fallen down and aren't permitting the shift lever to move very well. I just need to know how to get the shifter handle off and anything other tips you can give about getting the whole thing apart (it hasn't gone well so far). Thanks!

BTW, I noticed my sig is gone, so I have a '90 Cutlass Supreme SL coupe with the center console shifter and armrest with storage area.

well the shifter knob is really easy to take off but since your console is different than mine im not totally sure, but on my consol the top part of it just popped right off...for the shifter knob there is a lil 'U' clip on the shifter knob all you need to do is get a lil screw driver and pry it out, and the knob will lift right off

after you pull the clip out (looks like a big staple), and try to pull the shift knob off, just don't keep your face above it when your pulling it.. :oops:

there are screws beneath the coin holder, in the console...

i forget if you have to take the dash apart to get it apart or not.

if so there are 4 that hold the instrument bezel in place as well as 2or3 for the top of the heater controls trim piece as well as 1or2 in the DIS cubby at the bottom of that trim piece.

i think that is all

Monty