Pics of the car-looking for advice/rant

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I went to see the 92 today to do my weekly checkup on the car. I went over it with a fine-toothed comb (not really) to find some things to fix. i have four items on the list that i would like everyones input and opinion on. And please, no petty edition bashing. lets be serious on how i can ix my car up better...

First order of business is the engine. This may be a long shot but does it still look salvagable at all to you guys? Im trying to be economical in fixing it... im staying with a 3.4 and i dont know if i should fix it or get a new-er 3.4.

IM000665.jpg

Now for the front bumper. Its in kinda bad shape as you can see. It has faded a few hues from the rest of the car whhich is still in good condition. No other paint fades. The grille is all smashed, the lower valance is scraped up real bad, and i hate the sqyare fogs. I want to put a 94-96 b4u bumper on... either way i have to repaint one of them becuase the current one is in bad shape and there are no petty blue 94-96 bumpers. I looked at one and I dont think the fluting lines matching up is a prob. it shhouldnt be too noticable.

IM000668.jpg

The rear tails... this one has a bit of a piece boken off at the top and condesation is forming... how do I get them off to get the water out?

IM000667.jpg

And the rims. I just cleaned them but the grass got mowed so they are all nasty agaian inside the lacing... but there is some built up gunk that you can see on the outer part that standard wheel cleaner wont get off. i really like these rims and wont to shine them up the best.

IM000669.jpg

Thanks in advance for your input. Its been my dream for years to own this car and now it needs some work. And i can't gget rid of it either. its my baby! So i need soe input from you guys on adressing these problems.

R

for the wheels, it looks like corrosion, not gunk. get some fine grit sandpaper and wet sand it off, may be a good idea to recleatcoat those areas afterwards though.

First order of business is the engine. This may be a long shot but does it still look salvagable at all to you guys? Im trying to be economical in fixing it... im staying with a 3.4 and i dont know if i should fix it or get a new-er 3.4.

IM000665.jpg

I'd say keep your current 3.4. The first thing you need to do to it is clean it! I mean my goodness on a RP Edition you'd think it'd be in tip-top shape. Secondly mod it a little bit, it looks bone stock and could some some extra power. Look at my engine and click my WWW button for some ideas.

364760_58_full.jpg

Notice any differences? :lol:

thats one dirty 3.4! whats it need again? headgaskets? save it. do the work yourself to save a ton of money, and clean the poor old thing up. gona be a sharp car once its done.

Those grills will come out they are held in there (somewhere) by a couple of screws. I'm not sure if they are the same size as the older SE or what but I'd find one at a junkyard.

The rest of the bumper - FIBERGLASS!! I can't see any real damage from that pic however.

After take it to a paint shop and get it repainted.

As for the engine - we can't tell if you need a new one.. but you can still do lots of little things like cleaning parts such as the coolant tank, airbox, etc.

You're gonna want to seal that rear tail light or get a new one or its gonna keep getting condensation on it. Try doing a search on how to take them off.. I'm not sure.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys.

I know that engine is disgusting in there! I havent touched it as of yet. I just got the car a few weeks ago thats why. The engine is totally stock, the owner never did anything with it except ruitine maintanance. I spoke to several people about the engine. I was advised just to put in a rebuilt 3.4. Since i know nothing about working on engine i cant do it myself. The problem is that once i get the thing opened up, who knows what I am going to find... its basically shot and for the money to fix it im better off with a new 3.4 IMO anyway.

Its hard to tell from the pic but the lower valence is totally shot. the whole bottom is completly scraped up and is cracked in a few spots and missing some paint. I just noticed that today, i ddont know it was that bad... How do you do the wet sanding??? i dont need special equipment do i? I really want to shine those crosslaces up since i really like them. I know how to fix the tails, i just dont know how to get them off.