Dual exhaust

Guest Anonymous

Fake kind.. All the ws have a single pipe coming off the exhaust manifolds, and it splits off right at the gas tank in the back.. I have a fork from a GP here.. lol

Anything with a crossover pipe = fake dual exhaust. I find it funny how GM and other companies make 4cyl cars with dual exhaust... POINTLESS! At least with a V6 it has 2 banks so the possibility of making true dual is there, but with an inline 4 you can't! :lol:

Also IIRC some 80s Firebirds and maybe Corvettes also had fake duals, but don't quote me on that one.

Some had fake duals C-Bad.. My buds 89 Formula actually has a single pipe going into a big ass muffler, and then it goes to 2!! lol

all 3ed gen f-bodys have that for dual exhaust :rolleyes:

No true duals, oh well...they still DO looks tits. I've noticed that all 3.4 DOHC's had stock dual exhaust...must have been cause of all that extra power. :wink:

Guest Anonymous
NOTHIN LIKE CRAWLING UNDER YOUR CAR TO LOOK... :roll:

i cant see past the gas tank, and quite frankly i dont know what im looking for under there :oops:

Guest Anonymous

well when i get my TGP model ill know what to look for...

i always thought it would be two pipes coming off the engine since it is a Twin dohc and all...

true dual exhaust has a pipe from from each head (manifold or header) and goes straight out the back. There is no collector or crossover pipe that connects the 2. Some cars do have an "H" pipe, which I still consider true dual but it the H pipe balances the pressure between the 2 halves of the engine..