LED Gear Indicator

Dirty Rockstar

How do i go about wirin one of these up? Just wonderin.. Need some other fancy electronic thingy to add to the strain of my alternator.. lol.. If its possible, Ill wxplain better what I want..

i've seen it done, what you need is, when you wire up anything with LEDs in a car is to either use a resistor to kick the voltage down so you don't pop the led in a split second, or wire up 6 LEDs in a series so the 12v is spread through all of them, my friend harrys got a spare dash he did an led setup in for his camaro, next time i talk to him i'll have him get me some pics of it

So, it is possible.. I kinda figured since I believe my tranny is electronic.. But anyway.. I just want the 7 indicators.. maybe a couple more to have Automatic Overdrive, or 4T60 lit up.. This would kick some ass.. lol

Are you looking to have the LED's next to the shifter? My old 94 Grand Am had a LED array for the shift indicator. Only problem with using a GA indicator with a W is the Grand Am's shifter gate went P R N D 3 2. There was no gate for 1st gear, probably because when they added the 4 speed auto to the option list, they didn't bother to make a 4 speed shifter to go along with it. I've seen aftermarket indicators sold by Dakota Digital that mount to the dash. They have one that has round LED's that I'm sure you could remove from the bezel and mount inside your original indicator...

Here's the link to Dakota Digital:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/products.cfm/-/Category=119/category119.htm

Those are some cool things there Disco.. Problem is money.. Or my overally depressing lack there of.. Im lookin ot spend like 5 bucks in LEDs I already have, and wire.. LMAO.. And get creative! Is there a place to plug something in on the rtransmission?