Grand Prix Pepsi Edition???

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous
Maybe they're as rare as those elusive 1996 GTP's.

:lol: :bonk: :smilielol:

I was reading through tthe 96 GP section of car domain, and about 75% are either a GTP or a GTP "Special edition"...

i remember seeing or hearing something about this. Just a decal package though i think. however i dont recall it being an 89. My guess would have beena 97+ for some NASCAR driver promotion or something

kinda like that damn Lumina Thunder Edition.

ross, the whole 96 gtp thing is still a running joke about a guy who got banned from here who basically wanted us to bow down and worship his "rare" 96 gtp

anyhow, its sure seeming to me that pontiac was obssed with worthless "special edition" cars, chicago edition, petty edition, pepsi edition... damn what else was there tampax edition?? :lol:

but either way i'd still like to see a pepsi edition

Guest Anonymous

There was a special edition every year for the 1st gen. lets see 88 was maybe the pepsi edition? 89-90 was the TGP and TSTE. 91 was a white petty edition accoriding to gearhead. 92 was the other petty edition like mine. 93 and 94 was the gold/green special edition. 94-96 also saw that stupid GTP special edition which was absolutely worthless all it had was special edition on the door... sorry for those GTP SE owners out there. I know my petty isnt much either but at least i got colored rims a nameplate and a signed letter out of it.

either way, they are ALL usless as far as im concerned except for the turbos which obviously are sweet. everything else is just decals. Sad but true. But i am still interested in them. I was going to buy a 96 GTP SE once but i had a bent up fender. otherwise was nice.

Was the Pepsi car the one with the rear window louvers that has been posted about a few times? If so, I probably got a pic of it in my backup files somewhere....

Don't quote me on it, but I recall reading about this a few years ago. Pepsi had done some type of promotion, in which a few Grand Prix's (with Pepsi decals, of course) were given away at .. a Nascar race I believe. Nothing spectacular with 'em, except for the fact they were FREE.

Guest Anonymous

someone's gotta have a pic of that thing,,, mfrewel please find one!

Does anyone have a pic of this alleged 91 petty edition that is white with gold crosslaces? never heard about it until gearhead filled me in.

Does anyone have a pic of this alleged 91 petty edition that is white with gold crosslaces? never heard about it until gearhead filled me in.

I dont have a pic, but i have a Richard Petty 2 VHS set from way back, like 91-92 and it was saying about how Pontiac made a Richard petty edition Grand Prix. It was nice. I couldnt find a pic of it though

Im curious! LMAO!! Actually, yes.. It may not be a GP, or even a GM, but I'll bet there is an "edition" of every car out there.. Like, I could find the depend undergarment special edition ford taurus!

Guest Anonymous
Im curious! LMAO!! Actually, yes.. It may not be a GP, or even a GM, but I'll bet there is an "edition" of every car out there.. Like, I could find the depend undergarment special edition ford taurus!

Pinkly Taurus is the best!!!!!!!