ECM Interchangability

slick

Yes, i used the damn search function, but with over 700 matches, i said fuck it. Will a 2.8/3.1 work with my 3.4, as long as i put my FFP chip in it? I'm think it will, but i wanted to be sure before I went out to the JY.

I pretty much know what got what, but when a car is sitting at a yard for a long while, you kinda can't tell what year it is anymore :lol:

Now, another question. Say i did get a ecm that was for the 4t60, it would probably cause problems, wouldn't it?

Not sure if it would cause problems but the ECM for a DOHC car needs to know what gear the tranny is in, and if you use a ECM from a 4T60 car, it wont know what gear its in.

An easy way to check the year of a car is to look at the VIN number. The 10th digit is the year. N = 1992 --> start from there vowels and Q arent used. 8th digit is the motor if you're curious

Hmmm.. Well Don, if that one that your getting is a 4t60, i'll just pop it in and let the car sit and idle for a while. I don't have to be in drive for the damn thing so die :lol: