95 GP SE rotors..

THe_DeTAiL3R

95 GP SE 2-door

Rotors came in 2 sizes 11" and 10"

I'm assuming all the GTPs had 11", but some SEs got them too right? Is there a way to tell (other than looking at them of course) cause I don't have the car (yet) and am pricing out parts.. Would the 11" fit if the car is equipped with 10" or do they have different calipers or something?

Depending on my budget I'd possibly like to get slotted ones.. but I don't really drive all that hard.

Also the guy at NAPA said that Ceramic pads are good (said thats what came factory) and they are $96.77 CAD for a set of 4 (which I might be able to get cheaper though a friend). They decent pads?

You'll have to measure because they switched halfway through the 95 model year. Fortunateley for me mine are 11.25"! I put ceramics on the front of the wife's Loomie last year and they haven't worn out yet. Problem is, they don't stop the car for shit. They don't produce any dust, though so it's a trade-off. I'm planning on buying Raybestos PG Plus rotors for both cars (Loomie has rear drums) and EB GreenStuff Carbon Metallic pads. The consensus around here is the EB's don't produce as much dust as the Performance Friction Carbon Metallics do and they stop just as well.

BTW, there's a huge difference in stopping power between a 95 and your 88 :D ...

Problem is, they don't stop the car for shit. They don't produce any dust, though so it's a trade-off.

er.. I'd rather have a car that stops better over worrying about dirty wheels :? not the greatest trade off.

BTW, there's a huge difference in stopping power between a 95 and your 88 :D ...

Yeah no shit! :lol:

My mom took the car to get it checked (I had to work) so they made a list of stuff wrong with it. However from test driving it, it stops WAY faster than my '88 does, even though it supposidly needs new rotors and brakes on all 4 wheels :lol:

Problem is, they don't stop the car for shit. They don't produce any dust, though so it's a trade-off.

er.. I'd rather have a car that stops better over worrying about dirty wheels :? not the greatest trade off.

I want to paid the crosslace black anyways... :P

:werd: I thought I'd give the ceramics a try, but I damn sure don't like them at all. Definitely switching to Carbon Metallics this time around...

I had a chance to really look at the rotors today (wheels still on though so I couldn't measure them)... they sure are worn out! :oops:

What do you guys thing for rotors... I don't think I need slotted but its just an idea. I don't really have the money to spend on them. Probably just get the 1/2" or whatever premium regular rotors..

I tried the Ceramics. They were Raybestos QuietStops. Purchased at Pep Boyz..

Yeah thats what I meant, the ceramics. Im gonna try the pro stop ceramics on my dad's 02 GP. We install them in the service bay and havent had one single comeback.