I fix my A/C then all hell goes wrong*UPDATE*

Bruticus

Ok i finally fixed my A/C after a few recharge cans lol so anyway i leave it on for 30 minutes its blowing cold and nice. SO i take her for a spin so far so good after about 30 minutes driving my tranny starts acting up she doesnt want to shift i have no pick up its real bad has anyone had a problem like this ?? Could it be the compressor, or is it electrical?

Does it keep doing it after the A/C is turned off?

Yes now its doing it when the A C is off wtf is going on guess imma have to take it to the tranny mechanic.

now thats strange, as stupid as this might sound, pull the s-belt off while the engines cold and take it for a real quick spin, see if it still does it. the compressor might be putting a strain on the system. If that doesnt work, unplug the compressor wiring and see what that does if anything. might be coincidental (sp?) with the tranny though, good luck

-Jeff

maybee while fixing your air , they knock off a connection or the modulator valve vacuum hose if you got one, Check around were they worked , you may find something there.

Ok heres a update my car was fine 2 days after this problem now its acting up again. I took her for a drive and the tranny wouldnt shift to higher gears i could do about 70 but it took me a while to get her there. I took her out for drive early this morning i drove slow not fast. As i would drive after starting her up she would shift regulary but after being on for about 7 minutes it would act up as i would get to about 2500 rpms she would shift this from drving slow after that shift at about 3000 she would high rev and not shift for a few seconds. Its repated if i go fast its alot worse and at higher rpms i wont dare let her get to 5000 rpms i would just ease on the gas at about 4000rpms and she would gain speed but it would sound like shes high reving when shes really not. Does anyone know what the heck can be wrong the tranny has been rebuilt a friend of mine said it could be a vaccum issue does anyone know of this ?????

Pull your TCC fuse (underhood). See if it continues. It should stop and just shift rough if the clutchpacks aren't too eaten up. Check your tranny fluid and ensure that it looks okay.

Ok i pulled out the TCC fuse and it was fine for a while then she acted up tranny fluid looks like it needs to be changed. I just hope that my transmission isnt shot shes already been rebuilt . :(

Thanks sounds like that is the problem imma take it to my tranny guy first thing this morning.

EDIT: ANy idea on how much its gonna cost me, and is it easy for me to do it myself ?

this has been talked about a number of times, imma 1 day write up a sticky, IMO, change the fluid every 30k and filter every 60k. If u have never (or dont know) if the filter have been changed, go do that, going to need ~7 quarts, a tranny pan gasket and tranny filter and a bucket. very simple to do but very messy.

Jiffylube charages like $90 to flush the system with the machine, cleans the filter/lines.

this has been talked about a number of times, imma 1 day write up a sticky, IMO, change the fluid every 30k and filter every 60k. If u have never (or dont know) if the filter have been changed, go do that, going to need ~7 quarts, a tranny pan gasket and tranny filter and a bucket. very simple to do but very messy.

Jiffylube charages like $90 to flush the system with the machine, cleans the filter/lines.

Not to sound like a dummy but i was meaning in changing the TCC not the tranny fluid.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a gruleing battle replacing my Radiator and thermostat i finally was able to take the loomie to my transmission mechanic. I explained to him what happened and he kinda looked at me weird also told him about the TCC so he gets in my car and he drives it up a block or 2 and he was like whoa thats not the TCC yur tranny is fried :shock: :cuss: . Since it was already rebuilt by him he said it was still under warranty just gotta bring it in and not to worry about getting charged for it. :D Oh and there was a Z06 there he said some fool blew out gearbox :lol: It was a nice blue color my first time up close and inside a Vette a Z06 at that. Well looks like the lumina will have a fresh new rebuilt. :D :shock: