Cutty DIS in a GP

Guest Anonymous

What makes the odometer tampering switch go off.. I want to take apart my cluster to have a look but I don't want it to screw me.

You the digi dahs? or digi odo at least?

how awesome would this look? i took the comsole pic from gearhead and the dis from gutless..

dis.jpg

that's how I pictured it. maybe not taking up the whole thing, maybe with a cubby or some other switches to the side of it. would look badass up the roof angled down toward you though.

What makes the odometer tampering switch go off.. I want to take apart my cluster to have a look but I don't want it to screw me.

You the digi dahs? or digi odo at least?

no, mechanical.

As long as you dont mess with the odo, you should be fine.. I rolled the odo in my 6k, and it functions as it should.. If youre afraid, leave the odo in its space and just pull the guage face off..

Guest Anonymous

the console does look great.

BTW, speaking of odo's, i have to rollback the odo in the new cluster from 136k to 131k which will match whats in the car... how is that done/

the console does look great.

BTW, speaking of odo's, i have to rollback the odo in the new cluster from 136k to 131k which will match whats in the car... how is that done/

I think the best thing to do would be to have a notory public sign a document stating the mileage on the original cluster and the mileage on the new one, with dates and all. 5k isn't that big of a difference to be worth it though. If the new one read 179k or something, then yea.. but 131 vs 136 isn't that big.

Remove the screws holding the odometer in the cluster. Unplug the harness that goes from the stepper motor to the cluster. Remove the motor and spin the tenths digit back by hand. This method is tedious, but since you only have to go back 5k, it shouldn't be so bad.

When I changed clusters in my old 85 Grand Am, I had to roll the odometer in the new cluster forward from 107k to 152k! What I did for that one was get a small 9 Volt "erector" motor and put a plastic gear on it and taped it to the odometer frame. Once I got the motor spinning, it rolled the odometer forward no problemo...

Hey, Disco.. Check THIS out.. I swapped to a full gauge cluster in my 6000.. Had 113k on it.. My 6k had 256,xxx on it.. I had to roll that fucker for DAYS.. lmao.. I couldnt just drop the old one in because they were different! But as for rolling, if the screws wont budge from the motor, try this: THere it a REALLY small cotter pin on the bar.. Pull that, and one of the gears should come off.. THen, the unit should roll easily.. lol..

Hey, Disco.. Check THIS out.. I swapped to a full gauge cluster in my 6000.. Had 113k on it.. My 6k had 256,xxx on it.. I had to roll that fucker for DAYS.. lmao.. I couldnt just drop the old one in because they were different! But as for rolling, if the screws wont budge from the motor, try this: THere it a REALLY small cotter pin on the bar.. Pull that, and one of the gears should come off.. THen, the unit should roll easily.. lol..

That's wacky! :twitch: I lucked out when I swapped clusters on my old 92 LeSabre. I put in a cluster from a 95 and the odometers swapped perfectly...