Finally have some decent sound

GutlessSupreme

Max output power: 50W x 4 this is the maxiumum that the stereo can put out on each chanel

Full Bandwidth Power (at less than 1% thd): 22W x 4 this is what your stereo will put out before it starts to distort

Preout level / load (during disc play): 2000mV/10 k ohms ?

Preout impedance: <600 ohms something about the rca outputs

Front speakers:

Sensitivity: 91 dB the loudest they will get before they blow outFrequency Response: 40-25,000 Hz the sound frequency they can replay

Recommended RMS Power: 75W what you can push through them all day long without them blowing out

Peak Power Handling: 150W the max wattage the speaker can handle (dont try to push this much power through them they dont last long and it sounds really bad)Impedance: 4 ohms how much resistance the speakers have 4 ohms is basically the standardI have an ADS Powerplate 100 that I know only this about:

Audiophile grade car stereo amplifier.

Delivers 50 watts per channel (min. RMS)

20 Hz to 20k Hz.

Built in equalizers

Built-in subsonic filter

Built-in amplifier and speaker protection

sorry to say it but your amp is crap

1.if you want to power your system with an amp you need to know how many preamp outputs you have on the back of your stereo

2.if you only have one pair buy an one channel amp and some subs you will be set

3.if you have two or three you can run two amps one for subs and a four channel amp to power your interior speakers

if you can use amps they provide better sound quality and they are a shitload louder

Puggsley456: How deep are your components? I can't imagine them not fitting.. probably have a good 2 inches between plastic and sheet metal, plus maybe 2 more inches (before you interfere with the window track) where the factory cutout in the sheet metal is.

citheman85: thanks a lot for detailing out all that stuff.. I pretty much knew the amp was crap, I found it in a box in my garage. Probably used to be in my dads old Toyota (haven't even had the truck for 10+ years, so..) just wondering if I could do anything with it.

So basically, I'm straining my HU big time with even these speakers and should get at least a decent amp if I don't want it to die on me anytime soon, right? one that can at least handle 75W for full bandwidth power per channel? I don't plan on getting subs.

Puggsley456: How deep are your components? I can't imagine them not fitting.. probably have a good 2 inches between plastic and sheet metal, plus maybe 2 more inches (before you interfere with the window track) where the factory cutout in the sheet metal is.

citheman85: thanks a lot for detailing out all that stuff.. I pretty much knew the amp was crap, I found it in a box in my garage. Probably used to be in my dads old Toyota (haven't even had the truck for 10+ years, so..) just wondering if I could do anything with it.

So basically, I'm straining my HU big time with even these speakers and should get at least a decent amp if I don't want it to die on me anytime soon, right? one that can at least handle 75W for full bandwidth power per channel? I don't plan on getting subs.

no no your volume control controls how many watts your stereo puts out not the speakers

your speakers can handle 75w and your amp puts out a max of 50w as long as you dont have it turned up all the way up all the time you dont have to worry about your stereo crapping out

oh alright. I'm not actually using the amp right now though, just have it laying around because I wasn't sure if I could use it, so I have the Kenwoods in the front and stock 6x9s in the back hooked right into the HU.

Im having a hard time getting the 6X9s out of my car, they are a bitch to get out.

Kinda fun eh?

Anyways, remove both the bottom and back cusions to the backseat. Then, loosen up the rear interior panels that run right to the side of the rear window. You will then have to struggle with pulling up the rear dash pad(I crawled into the trunk and beat the plastic clips with a hammer, they poppped out quite nicely :D ). You will also have to remove the rear brake light, if its on the rear dash.

How did you surface mount that speaker if theres 2" between the panel and the frame? I plan on mounting a 1/2" piece of mdf to the factory mounts and mounting the speaker to the mdf.

I remember in my lumina its easy to get the rear 6x9s out, they're just held in there with a metal holderthingi.

I wish i had 6x9 in my truck now, be grateful you guys have them, they are as much bass you can get beside putting in a sub.

I remember in my lumina its easy to get the rear 6x9s out, they're just held in there with a metal holderthingi.

I wish i had 6x9 in my truck now, be grateful you guys have them, they are as much bass you can get beside putting in a sub.

I've been told it sounds like I have two 12"'s in my trunk, at times. The stock speakers do pack an adequate punch.

I plan on mounting a 1/2" piece of mdf to the factory mounts and mounting the speaker to the mdf.

don't worry then, you'll have plenty of room.