Kenwood KDC-MP425

489673_99_full.jpg

489673_100_full.jpg

Kendwood KFC-1379ie 150 watt 5 1/4" 2 ways

489673_108_full.jpg

489673_104_full.jpg

489673_105_full.jpg

$225ish total with tax.

had them mounted behind the panels initially.. but it sounded way too bad. even tried just drilling a bunch of holes in the plastic and keeping the carpet in place.. still sucked. so last night I said screw it and went right through. don't mind the disgusting carpet.

I ran outta cash. They'll come eventually. I'm thinking tuneup, top end cleaner and STB first though..

I literally have $20 for the next week or two.. and it'll be gas money.

I installed them myself, and yes I got them at the same time. There was a day or so where I ran just the new HU with stock 4" dash speakers and it even sounded better then. With the new ones finally mounted decently it sounds way better than before.

looks like it sticks out quite a bit....

It does, and I hate it. Needed the universal bezel/mounting bracket though. I tried making one and it turned out nasty. Only good thing is it's like an inch closer to me than the stock radio.. and that was quite a reach.

At some point I'd like to chop out the ashtray/cig lighter and mount it there. looks like it'd fit nice if I could make a good enough mount. Then I'd have to figure out what to do with the stock radio spot though.. it'd look dumb just blocked off.

also thought about that.. and have the ash tray/lighter face flip down to reveil the Kenwood. I think about a lot of things though. doesn't mean they happenn. *shrug*

Only good thing is it's like an inch closer to me than the stock radio.. and that was quite a reach.

Apparantly I have ape arms. I can reach any part of the interior while driving. :lol:

thankee :)

alright, question: should I be running an amp? I don't know what any of this stuff means

HU info:

Max output power: 50W x 4

Full Bandwidth Power (at less than 1% thd): 22W x 4

Preout level / load (during disc play): 2000mV/10 k ohms

Preout impedance: <600 ohms

Front speakers:

Sensitivity: 91 dB

Frequency Response: 40-25,000 Hz

Recommended RMS Power: 75W

Peak Power Handling: 150W

Impedance: 4 ohms

I have an ADS Powerplate 100 that I know only this about:

Audiophile grade car stereo amplifier.

Delivers 50 watts per channel (min. RMS)

20 Hz to 20k Hz.

Built in equalizers

Built-in subsonic filter

Built-in amplifier and speaker protection

From the looks of it the amp will only put out as much power as the HU, and that's not even enough (still 50W vs needed 75W).. any input? as I've said before I'm audio stupid.

alright, question: should I be running an amp? I don't know what any of this stuff means ...

anyone?

Hey you almost got the same deck as me, except mine is the 5025, it has color shock

I think I loved at a 5025 while I was at BB.. just didn't have the cash to spare though..

One thing I'm not liking about this deck.. I have all my MP3s seperated in folders by artist on my mp3 cds. This player won't shuffle the whole disc (every folder), it will only do one folder at a time :? I want to try making one folder that I can put all the others in to see if it'll shuffle everything.. I'm out of blank discs though and quite frankly I don't think it'll work. :?

• 2 weeks later...

My guess would be that the amp is 50 watts rms. And should pound those speakers pretty good!

When you put those speakers in your doors did ya have to modify anything other than the door panel? Because I'm lookinat putin a set of components in the doors of my 94 Cutty.

a few tips to anyone who makes spear pods for their doors is measure first so you can clear the parking brake and dont put component sets to high up or they will hit the dash when you close the door

a few tips to anyone who makes spear pods for their doors is measure first so you can clear the parking brake and dont put component sets to high up or they will hit the dash when you close the door

:confused:

I don't know how you'd hit the parking brake cable and at least in the CS the door panel shows pretty well where it meets with the dash..

489673_108_full.jpg

When you put those speakers in your doors did ya have to modify anything other than the door panel? Because I'm lookinat putin a set of components in the doors of my 94 Cutty.

If you wanted to be all nice and do a "good job" or something with it you could make your own mounts and stick them in the factory spots on the door itself and just throw the grill on the plastic panel, but I tried it, did a shit job, and ended up just cutting the plastic/carpet and screwing them right in. I did try to line them up somewhat with the factory cutout in the metal because i wasn't sure what I had for depth clearance.

what year is your CS? Because mine(94) doesnt have anything in the doors at all, But everything looks the same as yours. Should there already be a mount of some sort behind the panel?

I thought I would have to put a 1/4 mdf spacer in between the panel and the frame of the door? As you can tell I havent actually had my door apart yet.......So I am just guessing right now.

what year is your CS? Because mine(94) doesnt have anything in the doors at all, But everything looks the same as yours. Should there already be a mount of some sort behind the panel?

I thought I would have to put a 1/4 mdf spacer in between the panel and the frame of the door? As you can tell I havent actually had my door apart yet.......So I am just guessing right now.

Mine's a '92. So same design (I think internally all years were). Mine didn't have the actual "mount" for the optional factory 5 1/4"s, but it has the cutout in the frame and the screw holes are there.

489673_33_full.jpg

lower right.

as I said, I halfassed mine, but it looks/works fine without any mdf mounts or anything.

good to know....!

How much depth did you have in the door? I wanna install my 5 1/4 components the same way as you but I need to make sure I've got enough clearance depth wise.

How much clearance did you have once those kenwoods were in there? And wahts the mounting depth of those?