Couple 1995 GP questions..

THe_DeTAiL3R

it is all possible from the place that you purchased the car from or the person(s) who have purchased that car ran into a lossed key and they had to get a new one ... but the new one was just a "replacement" key (when i say this ... just to reassure you that you got copies of the actual set..) ... (this happened to me) got to go to the dealership and give them your VIN number ... they'll make the key for yours... or just find someone whos got the same car and see if theres works.

so if it just takes a couple screws to take it off and swap them around then I'll probably do that.

Look at the front of the knob. There will be a clip holding it in place. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry it out. Lift straight up on the knob. Installation is the reverse...

So is the handle in the 95 Leather-wrapped?

Guest Anonymous

I dont like the interior of the new Prix as much. It just got too modern like everything else.

The shifter knob is wrapped in something, Im not sure if its leather or not, it surely looks like it but it could be a pleather type material. I'll have to look at it more closely next time.

So is the handle in the 95 Leather-wrapped?
I'll have to look at it more closely next time.

I should have clarified. I was asking C-Bad if the knob in his pending purchase was "leather" seeing as he doesn't like the Cobra-Head knobs, and if it was, if he'd sell it to me :D. BTW, the difference is obvious between the Leather and Urethane knobs. The leather ones have stitching on the sides...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 95 GP and a 99 GP. On my 1995, the steering wheel does resemble a pillow because the center sticks out, but on the 1999 the center doesn't stick out. It is deeper into the steering wheel like a traditional steering wheel. GM changed air-bags for the 1999 model year. Also, the design scheme is the basically the same, but the interior is differnt. the HUD controls went from next to the headlights to the right of the steering wheel, and some controls are different. Also the gauge cluster is bigger in 99, hence the small hole for the fog light switch and the dic moving to the center of the car, instead of where the foglight switch now is. Also, the gas and temp gauges switched sides for some reason, it throws me off when I switch cars. So, in conclusion, they have a similar design, but the parts are not interchangeable and will not fit. The dash was redesigned, but resembles its predicesor. I'm not sure about the airbag though, but after 1999, they used the "reduced impact airbag" and the cover isn't as "fluffy" like a pillow.

Thanks guys...

I'll live with that steering wheel its not a big deal.

The cobra head shifter is leather or pleather and it has Disco's name on it in the for sale section. Its currently on my '88 and the T-shaped shifter (nicer IMO) is on the '95.

Mine has stitching

Then it's leather.

C-Bad- it's possible that the previous owner didn't like his trunk lid, replaced it, and didn't bother to get a key or swap lock cylinders. You might want to call a locksmith, and see if they can get it open, and then get a trunklid with a working cylinder and key, or a working remote trunk release.

how hard could it be to just replavce the cyl rather then the whole decklid?

if the lock cylenders out of a 91 prix are the same i could probably get you a complete set (both doors / trunk) with key

I fixed the trunk...

Took out the rear seats, climbed in and clicked the latch open with my finger.. replaced it with a part from the junkyard it was quite easy.. Didn't have to do anything to the lock cylinder.

QUESTION: What size is the stock exhaust pipe for mufflers?????

I'm looking at Magnaflows...

#11224 (2" inlet/outlet)

or

#11225 (2.25" intlet/outlet) :confused:

should I just get 2.25s and if its too big the muffler shop can put adapters, or would that cost too much... :shrug:

Alright I'm conviced it is 2" now... based on looking at the (crappy) stock pipe and what scratch I could find on the forums...

So I should buy the 11224 then? I just wanna make sure cause its lots of money for mufflers and I can't return them..

Also I phoned NAPA and Canadian Tire and they both say there are 2 different mufflers... the one is more expensive (driver's side) has an outlet pipe to go to the passenger side, HOWEVER my car does NOT have this setup (like my '88 does) it has a Y pipe and the mufflers look identical.. :confused: