ECM power wire question *UPDATE*

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK, in my quest to get my GP running, I was looking in my GM manual and found something interesting. There is a flow chart to follow if you're not getting an SES light. So I follow it and it says to check the two battery feeds, C1 and D17, and the Ignition feed, B10.

The ignition feed is showing power but neither of the battery feeds have any. The 20 amp fuse for these 2 wires is in the power block with the fuel pump relay. It is good and showing power coming in and going out. This tells me the wires are broken somewhere between there and the ECM connectors.

Would there be any problems if I ran two new wires with inline 20A fuses to the ECM connectors? The wiring diagram does not show the wires going anywhere else but to the ECM.

I say go for it. If theres nothing inbetween, then you should be fine. I would just pull out all the old stuff and put the new stuff in its place. Seriously, I think you should be fine doing this.

I assume you checked the connector side and not the ecm side.

I would spend a little more time trying to find where the wires are broken.

If you have 1 or 2 now you may have more break in the same spot later. Plus these are hot at all time wires so you have two hot wires broken somewere in that harness. Yea its a PTA. :(

Just my 02.

Jud

Guest Anonymous

OK, I now have power at the ECM and the SES light is back on. BUT dumbass me, I didn't realize one of the ECM wires, after it leaves the drivers side fuse block, goes down into the wire loom, branches and comes back up to give the fuel pump relay power. So tomorrow I'm gonna fix it right and see what happens.