I gave up on the polishing project, for now..new pics inside

jeremy

Sorry my car is filthy, it needs a bath really bad, but I didn't want to wash it with the freshly painted (4hour old) rims on her.....I will be sure to take pics once she gets a bath later this week....I think that they turned out pretty good, I am going to polish the lip this weekend too....

let me know what you think....I already know that not everyone is a fan of the gunmetal, so don't be shy with the comments I can take it.....

....next thing to go is the fugly pinstripe....

7d05876e.jpg

fdd56489.jpg

Did you paint the whole visible surface? (it kinda looks like the edges of the rims were masked off too much..)

Did you put clearcoat on the paint? I'd like to see pics of it after its all shiney, and you really should put something shiney on the tires.

Did you paint the whole visible surface? (it kinda looks like the edges of the rims were masked off too much..)

Did you put clearcoat on the paint? I'd like to see pics of it after its all shiney, and you really should put something shiney on the tires.

the lip of the rim is still silver, I am going to polish that little part this weekend.......they are clearcoated too....there are a couple parts that I will sand down and repaint once I get more time, I just did them really quickly so they all at least matched...

....I gave up on polishing the first rim for now, too many things going on, plus I couldn't stand to drive the car anymore with the one rims looking funky....maybe at some point in time I will buy another set to attack....

FWIW: I think that they will look a ton better once I polish the lip, wash the car and use a little tire shine....

Yeah, that polished lip will really set it off.

As for the pinstripe, once you get that off, get some stuff called Goo-Gone or something like that. They should sell it at AutoZone. It takes the sticky stuff off of the car.

Took the pinstripes off my friend's Sunbird with a hairdryer and credit card (mostly slowly pull it off with your hand while blowing hot air on it.. but not too much or else the pin stripe just breaks apart...) After we detailed that general area around the car and it was clean.

Cool, I'm gonna take some photos of my car tomorrow in the same positions, to do a photochop. Im curious to see how it looks w a white car.

Awesome, I been wanting to do something like that for a while,but white... you should photochop some white ones too so I can see 8)

Here's your car with tinted windows & lowered:

2566682-lg.jpg

BANG that looks dead sexy!! I really think it should be tinted especially since you have the rears blacked out. And clean shiney tires to accent the rims. :)

those look tight!

umm, needless to mention it'll look 10x better in the end lol

photoshop'd stuff looks tooo wicked.

tis what i have in store for mine :-) except the gun metal rims but those look wicked as hell

At first I thought it looked like dirty brake dust, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It actually looks better than I thought it would. :thumbsup: Plus, it won't look so bad when they DO get brake dust on 'em. :wink:

Maybe I should do that to my TGP's crosslace wheels to tide me over till I can get some chrome 5-stars. I hate the gold crosslace. Gaudy as hell, gunmetal would be a huge improvement over the gold I think.

I like them...but something else on the car needs to be that color(gunmetal)... tips, window tint, something then it will look badass!

Update.. maybe you could get the pinstriping in gun metal... if something on the car is gun metal it would make the wheels and the car corolate. You see where I am going with it?