Need some info! Gota go hit a bone yard!!!

Smoke1991

Thanks for veiwing my thread. 3 topics today, junkyards, damage done to my from a pothole, and some other stuff...

Well lets start off with some stuff I wana get from a JY

tranny pan

4 rims (5 spoke or sawblade, doesent matter)

those 2 for now, and i also will be wanting some leather seats that are dark blue and a fold down seat, also a automatic trunk release system.

anyone give me a guestimate on how much for at least the rims.

What i need to know is for you people in NY (i live on long island) whats a kickass pull your own junk yard yards, i know brian p goes all the way to PA for his stuff. Just need to get info.

On another note,

today i hit a pot hole in Queens NY on the Brooklyn Queens Exressway and i dented my rim along losing a tire, yah it went flying off. No joke, my partner was shitting him self. But anyway, I put my donut on and drove to my tire shop, i had peirless tires (pretty dam good for 60 bucks a pop) and they had none in stock left so they gave me a perelli tire for the same price. So now my car also shakes violently when driving and braking due to both back rims bent beyond repair. FUN! :twisted:

Final thing i want to accomplish, besides replacing the pan with a fresh new gasket. Get my ball joint fixed(anyone know how to do this?) an allighnment, and put my tires on rims i pickup. And find and cut the warped rotor.

Also, i was thinking, sence ima get new rims, ima paint em chrome :twisted: (what paint should i use, i can sand em down good with the tools i got n stuff) Also anyone know cheap braws for cars, i travel over 5K a month in my car, paint chips are starting to get to me, i found 4 new ones today after my tire fell off. :cry:

Well its alot, also ill post pics of the somewhat rim i never finished cleaning and sanding, if i applied a couple of clear coats to it, it woulda looked brand new, except the scratches on the edge of the rim from curp contact :wink:

Well thats whats on my mind, to get this done.

Ill add more to the thread after some people reply...

thanks

I bought a set of 5-spokes for $ 300 from the jy .... kinda a lot but much better than dealership!!! If you want to buy my sawblade rims make me an offer... i'll let them go damn cheap...

- Drew

There's no U-pull-its in the metro NY area, thats why I have to run to the junkyards in PA. I'll look for the tranny pan, the rims will be next to impossible to find, unless you want the same style you have now, I can get those.

brian, thanks for the looking, yah let me know how much it is for a set of 4, id perfer yours but i know they are a bitch to find. 300 in a ny junk yard for a set of 4(last time i looked) 75 each rim.

Also look for an arm rest, also :-P Im gona PM you with info to contact me if you find anything, also do you still work at PB?

Guest Anonymous

Brian P, if your going to the JY anytime since there are no jy's in the ny metro area, could you look for one of those auto-dimming mirrors? I wonder if they would work in either of my cars.

I got my 5 spokes for $210 (plus tax), so look to spend AT LEAST THAT. The closest price I found to that was $300, so I though $210 was a steal. I had to drive about 100 miles one way to get them as well (well, two of them, I got two at one yard and two at the other), although that wasn't a big deal to drive that far. It turns out that wasn't such a great deal because when I got my tires mounted on them one of them turned out to be bent, but it was one from the local yard and it looks like that same yard has 1 5 spoke in stock for $60, so if I can get that I'm still ahead of the $300, however there is a lot of trouble involved in getting the new wheel and all, and I will have to buy some more primer, paint, and clearcoat as well. I might be able to get it for free though if I give them the old wheel back. Luckily though, the wheel wasn't bent too bad so I can actually drive on it temporarily without ruining the tire.

I would guess a tranny pan would be like $20-30.

Shawn

well for 60 bucks i would not take the trip to pa for rims, i can get them for 75 out here, and a 10 min ride to a "ny junkyard"

anyways, i really decided to go with the 5 spokes, i thought about it, i just need to see my dam rotors/calipers. Im just sick of having to take the tire off to check my brakes... (had locked up ebrake line prob for a long time, couldent see crap w/o wheel off.

Thanks for the offer tho.

Also, gona get them (when i get them) powdercoated

more durable then a dip or me painting em, plus look hella good.

WHAT!!! no comments about my traffic causing ordeal today! :lol:

NYPD hates me sooooo much. thank god my dads in FDNY, cant do shit to me :D