Performance Sound on TGPs?

jeremy

I know that my Fiero had the "Performance Sound" option but I didn't know that the TGPs had it as an option. What was all included in the "performace sound" package. The fiero had a factory mounted subwoofer/amp controlled by a slider on the overhead console. Pic is of the on/off switch in the TGP is shown below.

ps.jpg

since when does GM have factory sub/amp option? Ive just heard about factory amps being located near the radio but never sub. Damn that thing must be in a wierd place to fit in a Fiero. I thought only recently have car companies be including factory subs?

Its not really "performance sound" or whatever, but my STE has a gain control on the drivers door. I assume it is for some sort of amp for the stereo, but my rear channel doesn't work on my stereo so I'm not sure.

Shawn

The switch controls the speakers in the doors. In 1988 and 1989, the door speakers were not turned on by default. You had a choice of having them on or off (worthless). 1990-1993 it was automatic. There is an amp. It's located directly behind the radio. Small black box. Simple breadboard amp. STE's have a "Gain" slider to control bass.

Damn that thing must be in a wierd place to fit in a Fiero.

the box was built to under the passenger side of the dash board....it tucked up under it perfectly...