exaust work ... soon

cryptnix

:lol:

I'm looking todo my exaust here next week, or after that week, not sure yet, having a party this weekend ...etc.etc. might change the plans

other than that i need to know what i'm in for ... what i mean is what I should purchase.

I've been looking at the straight through magnaflows... but i don't want it to sound like my damn sisters 91 Lumina ... with the damn exaust falling off... i would love it if it were a deep, now howly but ... a nice deep tone. i know this is a v6 but ... my buddies srt4 has the tone, and firguring i got two more cyls i'm pretty sure it can be done. I need suggestions folks.

I plan on getting a new cat, new piping from the headers back ... so, she's gonna be mean.

My buddy made the comment to me yesterday ... or a few days back about "yah, you have to custom make one to fit ... whereas mine, being a srt4 in all... everythings a bolt on." well, ok, whatever ... theres more benefits to a custom than anything else so ... whatever @$$hole!

I'd like to get exhaust work done. I need it... my mufflers are getting shot and sound kind of ratty until they warm up. Once they're warm they don't sound too bad. I want to make my car deeper and louder. I got a quote on custom exhaust from a guy at Midas and he told me $400-$425 for a catback. I would pick up a high-flow cat then too. So I'm looking at about $475 if I get the cat on ebay. Quite a large sum of money. I need to look at the cat. I might not have the change that. If so I could pick up the mid-pipe, a nice set of magnaflows, and a nice set of tips. I've already checked out some tips and found a few I like. Still not sure what style I want to go with. I'm considering two style. One is a slant cut and the other is kind of like the new Tiburons. I think both would look good.

If you are looking for performance, go and buy all the mandrel bends you'll need, along with the cat (Magnaflow makes nice ones), resonator (to clean up the sound a little..............perforated core glasspacks/bullet mufflers work ok, as do 4in round mufflers) and muffler (Magnaflow is a good choice for the performance minded...without sacrificing sound quality.

You should be able to do a manifold back exhaust with a pair of 45 deg bends (for the downpipe), a pair of 90 degree bends (for where it cuts away from the centerline of the car and then back toward the rear......right in front of the rear axle) and 2 "U" bends (for going over the axle and mating up with the muffler).

As for pipe diameter, I'd probably look into 2.5in if you plan on ever doing a 3400 swap or a lot of mods to your 3100 (beyond the basic I/TB/UDP/E that is easy to do), or 2.25in if not.

Seriously............it is VERY easy to get a GOOD *mandrel* bent (in other words.......one that FLOWS well) exhaust done...........all you have to do is a little planning.

im running dual outlets w/ magnaflow universal mufflers. 11inch body, 17 inch overall, on my lumina. Then into 2 gibson 3 1/2 tips ( no it doesn't look ricey) anyway, along with my new cat, they sound nice and deep. I sometimes hear a little rasp like off a building or something, but i can hardly notice, and its only a 6 but i don't really care. Not that nooticable. a glasspack will fix that, yet it is more restriction. I replaced from the down pipe back and it costed me $390. Went and got the exhaust from advance auto for a 93 grand prix 4dr, and put it on mine, put sprayed the pipe with black heat resistant paint so the shit wouldn't rust up so fast.

whatever you do don't rice it up witha fart can

ok, sure its the cheapest method by going to a grocery store and buying a folders can ...

flowmasters give a deep ass tone watch the video in my sig

I have and I like it, but sounds EXACTLY like my sisters 91 Lumina with the muffler falling of.

im running dual outlets w/ magnaflow universal mufflers. 11inch body, 17 inch overall, on my lumina. Then into 2 gibson 3 1/2 tips ( no it doesn't look ricey) anyway, along with my new cat, they sound nice and deep. I sometimes hear a little rasp like off a building or something, but i can hardly notice, and its only a 6 but i don't really care. Not that nooticable. a glasspack will fix that, yet it is more restriction. I replaced from the down pipe back and it costed me $390. Went and got the exhaust from advance auto for a 93 grand prix 4dr, and put it on mine, put sprayed the pipe with black heat resistant paint so the shit wouldn't rust up so fast.

well considering that, i hear that with my stock exaust with a resinator + a cat + a muffler ... just have to be listening and know what "raspy" really is/means...

i have gotten a price (and is the cheapest) from Midas ... with my own magnaflows, high flo cat, and glasspack (or current resinator) I have come up with a total of almost $250+ ... I have a exaust leak in my down pipe. But, I've been looking for a new car here recently. (An F-Body...)

So god only knows what my plans are...

Midas keeps trying to sell me those Summit Turbo Mufflers from ... I guess they give it a v8 sound but I hear they hollow out and form holes and shit, so I am not interested in those anymore!

I got a Dual exhaust fork from a 94 Grand Prix SE.. An odd one, as no muffler place can figure out why theres a resonator on it! lol.. But I'm goin dual flowmaster 40s w/ Cadillac STS exhaust tips.. I just need to get the damn car back in shape.. And aquire some funds.. Heres a pic of my tips I'm using:

ND620003.JPG

Both sides are polished.. THats just a "what I began with and what I ended with" pic, lol

hey ... the 5 spoke rims on that look nice :) wanted to see a side pic of it rather then it being of just from the ass end ...

yeah, i'm having a buddy cut my bumper and i'm getting like 3 inch tips ...

this will be the last year my cutlass will see winter so ...

winter is starting to carch up on her and us.

i saw ...

i messed up by saying i wanted to see a side pic rather than an ass pic ... i checked those out ... :-) its nice man ... perhaps you should invest into some spacers?

i saw ...

i messed up by saying i wanted to see a side pic rather than an ass pic ... i checked those out ... :-) its nice man ... perhaps you should invest into some spacers?

Im wonderin.. I wanted to do that for sure on my 6000.. But that went according plan we all can see.. I dont know how big to put back there though, lol

not enough to make it seem like its a ghetto mobile.

secondly just enough to align itself with the quarter panel? ;-) gah, i hate being so new to this junk that i dunno the exact definitions of body parts ...

what a henis penis

I HAtE those people that space em to make their cadillac look like a skateboard.. Yea.. I think I'll look into adding some when I paint my calipers.. Since for SOME REASON you can see them all the time.. :willynilly: lol

a glasspack will fix that, yet it is more restriction.

Bullshit.

Get a perforated core glasspack and you WON'T have a restriction. They flow a TON better than the traditional louvered core GP's.

Try Thrush, Dynomax Bullet or Cherrybomb (I believe they have switched ALL of their GP's to perforated cores now).