mars ... gars ... damnit my rims look like poop

cryptnix

I want to perfect what my rims look like right now ... I'll get some pictures uploaded this evening but I have a few gouges, scratches, the clear coat is coming off in some areas, and the center caps need to be sanded and touched up because some idiot at Midas in my area scratched the living hell out of 'em ...

I just want to make them look more what they used to look like when the car first came off the lot.

I painted my multi colored lugnut covours yesterday now its time for the rims! any suggestions? or should I see how much its going to cost to drop them into some chrome? :D

it was just an idea :P lol

any ideas tho on cleaning them up? or just live with it ...

...and a good idea at that.... :D

I think I am going to have mine repainted gunmetal, I have all but decided I don't have enough time to finish hi-polishing them....

well tell me what they quote you so i know what i'm looking at...

i have to get a new windshield cause well ... my winder is driving me nuts with all these cracks and ... rock hits ... (theres only 3 that i can count ... its funny how words make it sound worse without exactly informing the person of stuff) i'm a stupid driver i'll admit

plus i don't want to waste money on tinting it 6" inches from the top and then having to pay for it again because i changed the window ... i learned from my error with putting 7% all around

but, maybe they'll give you a better deal if we all go in on it

I used Duplicolor wheel paint and clear on my wheels... this is after 2 years (they were just washed with soap, probably could get them cleaner...)

16.jpg

i'll prolly end up doing that this weekend ... just ripping each tire off ... and spray painting them again ...

thats exactly what i don't want todo ... but shesh if its the only option i have really othre than getting them redone then allbeit

Its cheap and fast.. they look really good for about a year going through snow and abuse.. I just taped off my tires and painted them, it was easy. I might have gave them a little sanding (I don't remember) but that paint works great!

cbad, did you sand between coats or just spray and go?

sanding is a pain in the ass

I just cleaned them up, coat of paint, let it get tacky, coat of paint, and again. I forget if I let it dry with clearcoat (or sprayed when tacky) but it was very easy. Directions on the can. :lol:

cbad, did you sand between coats or just spray and go?

sanding is a pain in the ass

I just cleaned them up, coat of paint, let it get tacky, coat of paint, and again. I forget if I let it dry with clearcoat (or sprayed when tacky) but it was very easy. Directions on the can. :lol:

thanks

my wheels look like shit

did you spray over the brake dust stains? i have stains that won't come out even after being powerwashed.

damn aftermarket brake pads

Try brake cleaner if you are worried about it. I really didn't do much to prep my wheels before painting them.

Again the stuff is designed for wheels... Duplicolor wheel paint and clearcoat.

I say add some Alabama Chrome to those suckers(for all of you who don't know redneck language, thats duct tape).

get it right...it's WEST VIRGINIA CHROME. or 200 hundred mile an hour tape for those of you who have nascar-approved duct tape

Well if anyone remembers that i started a rim project with metal brissle brushes and i gave up, well after going to my hardware store, i found a couple of nice bitch i can put in my power screw driver to get into those small cutlass sawblade rims. also if u got a dremil, they have bits that will work real nice to scrape all that built up brake dust off.

Im actually planning to sand em down and paint em chrome.

but i dont know if dupicolor makes chrome wheel paint

anyone know?